Valued Contributor

anyone see last night show and how much that one couple hated the room. bet they redo the whole room. never saw anyone hate it that much. 

Honored Contributor

I saw it.  Both parties (the women) hated their rooms and I don't blame them.  Trading Spaces does too much of the arts & crafts look and it does look cheap.  I would never let them touch my home.Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I used to watch it years ago and I've been watching it recently and all I can say is that it is really not good now.  I don't know what happened.  I think everyone is trying way too hard and the results are difficult to take, from the "designers" over the top enthusiasm for mediocre ideas to the "how garish can I get with the paint".  It's no longer a good show IMHO and I wouldn't let any of them get anywhere near my house.        

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I have watched the new season and overall, it has been awful.  Some of the designers seem to do things for shock value with no consideration for the homeowners.

I agree, no way would I let any of them in my home.

Honored Contributor

I watched a little of a new episode and no more. And Ty is a pain in the neck. But that's just me.

Trusted Contributor

I did like when Nate & Jeremy did the rooms over.  I don't like the woman, not sure of her name, dark hair, she goes to extremes to do unecessary things to the walls.

Even when they told her the couple would not like it, she did it anyway.

She is a nightmare.  Have enjoyed some of the designers but not all.  

Will they redo the room for the couples who do not like it??  Hope so.

Honored Contributor

It's a terrible show. The hostess is annoying, most of the decorators are annoying and it's like they seem utterly incapable of just giving the spaces a refresh without going completley off the wall. Crafts and creativity shouldn't be the focus, especially when netting so many ugly designs. The focus should be on making a comfortable space that's livable and attractive. I won't be watching going forward. I really wish someone would bring back or create new shows focused on decorating for reality and featuring decorators with real talent. Speaking of which, it's well past time for a new 'Sarah's House'.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

I did like when Nate & Jeremy did the rooms over.  I don't like the woman, not sure of her name, dark hair, she goes to extremes to do unecessary things to the walls.

Even when they told her the couple would not like it, she did it anyway.

She is a nightmare.  Have enjoyed some of the designers but not all.  

Will they redo the room for the couples who do not like it??  Hope so.

That sounds like Hildy and I don't know why they keep her around. I don't think anyone likes her work. She always has to do something out of the Twilight Zone. Most people don't want to live in those kinds of rooms.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hildy is a trip.  In the original show, she glued white feathers to all wall surfaces.  That's not an easy fix with a gallon of paint.  I could never let them take over a room in my house.  Some of the designs are really out there.

Honored Contributor

Last night's episode had Laurie Smith (the redhead) and a new designer.  I think the couple with the dining room loved the room.  The other couple that Laurie did their room hated it.  I loved it.  The upgraded barn doors were great.  Laurie is one of my favorite designers.  

Last week both families hated their rooms.  I don't remember who the designers were, but they totally ignored what the owners really wanted.  

Loved Nate & Jeremy's rooms.  those folks won the TS Lottery.