Super Contributor

Miss India won the Miss Universe contest for 2021.  What a beauty.

Miss India.jpg

Honored Contributor

I saw her, she was very pretty!

Honored Contributor

At first glance I thought it was Penelope Cruz.

Honored Contributor

Is Miss Universe still a beauty pageant, or has it become more personality- and skill-driven, like Miss USA (or America, can't keep them straight)?

Super Contributor

ValuSkr

Here was her question:

What advice would you give to young women watching on how to deal with the pressures they face today?

Here is her answer:

Harnaaz Sandhu, India

I think the biggest pressure the youth of today is facing is to believe in themselves. To know that you are unique, that's what makes you beautiful. Stop comparing yourselves with others and let's talk about more important things that's happening worldwide. This is what you need to understand. Come out, speak for yourself because you are the leader of your life, you are the voice of your own. I believed in myself and that's why I'm standing here today.

That was the final question.  The rest was a beauty parade.

Honored Contributor

A real beauty!

Esteemed Contributor

not a fan of these pageants......jmo.....

Honored Contributor

On FOX29 this morning, they were saying the winner and the runner-up looked alike, that they could have been sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

The winner is beautiful, but I was hoping for the first runner up, Miss Paraguay, to win,

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Is Miss Universe still a beauty pageant, or has it become more personality- and skill-driven, like Miss USA (or America, can't keep them straight)?

@ValuSkr They had two question and answer sessions, along with evening gown and swim suit competetions, and I believe they started with attire from their native countries, but I missed that part!