Respected Contributor

These young ladies are very beautiful and accomplished!  Miss India is in a Master's degree program, and many of the others already have successful careers, like Miss USA.

Competing in these contests does provide a lot of fame and opportunity to the contestants. They also reap many financial advantages:  the winners receive free room, board, travel, a nice salary, etc.

I really like the traditional costume component--it is so creative and imaginative!

Of course, there is a lot more voting and judging going on behind the scenes from what the television viewers see.  

I congratulate all the lovely contestants because they are all winners!

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

These young ladies are very beautiful and accomplished!  Miss India is in a Master's degree program, and many of the others already have successful careers, like Miss USA.

Competing in these contests does provide a lot of fame and opportunity to the contestants. They also reap many financial advantages:  the winners receive free room, board, travel, a nice salary, etc.

I really like the traditional costume component--it is so creative and imaginative!

Of course, there is a lot more voting and judging going on behind the scenes from what the television viewers see.  

I congratulate all the lovely contestants because they are all winners!

@FancyPhillyshopper Very well said!   

Valued Contributor

I have to wonder about Steve Harvey.  some years back he announced the wrong winner.  Last night's show he had the envelope in his hand which had the winner's name on it.  There were two final contestants:  Ms India and Ms Paraguay.

He for no reason whatsoever said "Congratulations Ms Portugal".  It was surreal.  I was thinking does he mean Ms. Paraguay - where did Ms. Portugal come from? 

He then says "They are trying to fool me with a sign that says "Congratulations Ms. Portugal"  - Huh?  

Steve, you have an envelope with the winner's name in your hand - why would you read a sign that is out in the audience?  Is he losing it?

Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

I have to wonder about Steve Harvey.  some years back he announced the wrong winner.  Last night's show he had the envelope in his hand which had the winner's name on it.  There were two final contestants:  Ms India and Ms Paraguay.

He for no reason whatsoever said "Congratulations Ms Portugal".  It was surreal.  I was thinking does he mean Ms. Paraguay - where did Ms. Portugal come from? 

He then says "They are trying to fool me with a sign that says "Congratulations Ms. Portugal"  - Huh?  

Steve, you have an envelope with the winner's name in your hand - why would you read a sign that is out in the audience?  Is he losing it?

I caught the end of the program and I think maybe they need to consider someone else. He's all over the place. He was kind of inappropriate with it too considering time and place he kept saying what the h*** is this...  Trust me I'm a swearer like crazy, but I thought it was kinda tacky.

Trusted Contributor

Steve Harvey needs to be REPLACED. He's a TOTAL IDIOT and thinks WAY TOO MUCH of himself. He has a HUGE EGO and ZERO appeal or talent.

Honored Contributor

I agree with those who think Steve Harvey needs to be replaced. He is so full of himself, and his type of humor isn't for these types of shows. I don't care for him at all. Maybe he is fine on The Family Feud, but not this!

Time for someone new!!! I think he was trying to be funny at the end, but it didn't go over well..... 

Honored Contributor

I adore all the pageants after growing up and always spending the night back in the 60's and 70's at my Grandmother's to watch with her.   My Grandfather watched with us and we always wore our p.j.'s and had hot chocolate.   

She is very pretty.  I read yesterday that the 2020 Miss Universe only got to keep the crown for 7 months due to the Covid shut down.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Beautiful girl who unfortunately wasted a great deal of her time on this nonsense.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I agree with those who think Steve Harvey needs to be replaced. He is so full of himself, and his type of humor isn't for these types of shows. I don't care for him at all. Maybe he is fine on The Family Feud, but not this!

Time for someone new!!! I think he was trying to be funny at the end, but it didn't go over well..... 

He's awful. I recall a few years ago when he actually called out the wrong winner, skulked off the stage and then had to come back and make it right. He exudes no polish at all.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...