Honored Contributor
Almost every sitcom on tv is based on political digs. This show also has political digs, but they are aimed in a different direction. I have not watched the new season since there are so many cast changes I hardly recognize it anymore, I have enjoyed it in the past though.
Frequent Contributor

I like the show.  It is one of not very many TV shows that I can't miss.  I like every character that is on it, including the exchange student and Jay Leno.  Every week there is something that makes me laugh out loud.  I love a show that is not violent or saturated with sex.  There are not too many shows on TV that doesn't have those two elements.

Thursday nights is the night for comedy.  Besides "Last Man Standing," I like "Young Sheldon", "The Unicorn," and "Moms."  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the new Mandy

I never liked how dumb they have always made Kyle (he was on Ghost Whisperer)

I keep watching though......

Esteemed Contributor

I'm now caught up on the current season.  It doesn't seem very political like it has been in the past.

I've gotten used to the new Mandy, and I like how they're including the mother/mother-in-law as a partner for Ed.  Overall, it seems to be light-hearted and I like that type of show.  I've gotten to where I just stream it on the weekends on Hulu.  

I love how Mike included Boyd at the gender reveal party.  I've not been a fan of the exchange student, but when she told the story about how her father tends to her mother's garden, I found a soft spot for her.

Respected Contributor

Re: new Last Man Standing

[ Edited ]

Always loved Last Man Standing....turnabout is fair play!

Honored Contributor

Interesting bunch of comments here!

I wonder about the perception of "political slant". I watch LMS but also some of the CBS sitcoms, and truthfully, don't find many off the "slants" TOO overwhelming.

I have also found the odd differences in the LMS daughters a little confusing, and found the wife's character MUCH more interesting before she seemed to succumb to her empty nest syndrome.

My current favorite among all the sitcoms is Bob❤️Abishola, because it occasionally makes me laugh out loud.

Honored Contributor

I love this show!  I think Nancy Travis is wonderful!  The show about the gender reveal was hilarious!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: new Last Man Standing

[ Edited ]

I see Last Man Standing as just a rehash of Home Improvement.   The storyline is pretty much the same.  HI had Tim Allen with 3 boys and Patricia Richardson was the wife having to rein him in with her common sense.  Today's show is 3 daughters and Nancy Travis plays that wife role.   

Home Improvement had the neighbor "Wilson" and Richard Kern as Al Borland at work.  LMS has Hector Elizonda and Chuck Larabee.  I never really "got" Jay Leno's role on the show at all.  I think the only difference in the show today may be they discuss things that wouldn't pass censors when Home Improvement was on the air.  

The role of Kyle is bittersweet - not too bright but seems to always come up with a happy solution to help bring ppl together.  

Frequent Contributor

I too miss the former Mandy,  Her replacement makes me miss her even more.

Esteemed Contributor

I was sort of surprised by Kyle's new career path.  Will be interesting to see how they develop that.