Honored Contributor

my big fat fabulous life🤦‍♀️

Is this whole "crew" dylusional or is it me.  What are the people surrounding this pathetic girl thinking especially her mother & father🙄

The only sane one is the brother IMO.  And looks as though she gained more weight, is more unhappy and dear God what is thisFrenchman ...maybe she should jump over to 90 DayFiance at least she'd meet him.

What a shame to exploit herself like this..has she no respect for herself 

Respected Contributor

Re: my big fat fabulous life🤦‍♀️

I watched this show for several seasons, and for the first time my son saw it last night and commented "how is her life fabulous?"  She is crying all the time".  He's not wrong..

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I first started watching this show, it was fun and enjoyed watching the family and friend dynamics.  I think the break-up with Chase has changed the show.  

I thought maybe the new season might be about an all out fierce battle for a healthy body.  It seems to be centering around meaningless conversations sporadically with the "Frenchman".  Whitney is claiming to "love" someone she has never met, only engaging in superficial phone calls.  

The group seems to be floundering.  I would enjoy Whitney facing her demons and getting healthy. I understand body positivity, that would include becoming healthy.  No one can remain healthy over time being morbidly obese.  This journey  might be inspirational to many (and especially to Whitney) and boost viewership.  I'm just no longer interested in the current show...but wish Whitney and the family/friends well.

Valued Contributor

I can tell you exactly why Whitney does this show.  The main reason is money.  They all get paid well to be on this show plus Whitney gets her business publicized.  Also Whitney wants tons of attention - especially from her family and friends, but also from the public.  If you notice when they all get together the only thing they talk about is either Whitney personally or her business!  I have stopped watching this train wreck.  Next week will be the finale, and I'll bet Whitney takes off for France as a cliff hanger.  No thanks! 

One reason She couldn't make her relationship with Chase work  was because they lived so far apart and neither would move.  Anyone think the "Frenchman" is going to move for Whitney?  (Unless his goal the whole time was to come to the States.)

I like her parents, but they just nod and smile at whatever Whitney does.  As far as I'm concerned her brother is the only one with any sense, but of course she treats him terribly because she doesn't want to hear it..

Honored Contributor

I've never watched more than a once in a while few minutes at a time, but last night MY "quickclick" was "That's her STROKE HAND. She can't shuck oysters with her STROKE HAND". 

For ME, OVER AND OUT.

Esteemed Contributor

The entire "romance" with Chase was scripted, IMO.  I don't know if this current one is as scripted, but Whitney is delusional when it comes to romantic relationships.  Her friends do her no favors.  Only Hunter, the brother, seems to see through the nonsense.  Even Babs and Glen should have stepped in and said something to Whitney.  I guess the allure of $$ from the show is too irresistible. 

You have to feel sorry for Whitney on some level as she is crashing and burning on every show.  I'm sure her parents are worried about her health (mental and physical).

The Maine hotel Whitney stayed at was nice.  I wish we saw more of that and the location.  

Honored Contributor

IMO the show has run it's course and should be taken off the air.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed the early episodes and really liked Whitney, but it's gone downhill. Whitney is trying hard to keep her fan base but she's got nothing to motivate others now. 

She's not moving forward, herself. Not setting any good examples. Not in personal relationships, and definitely not in health management. In fact, if she keeps gaining weight, in a few years, her next show may be my 600 Pound Life, while she's still professing how healthy you can be overweight.

Massive denial. Not a good example. I feel the only thing going for her is the show and I sense a bit of desperation in keeping it going. 

The Frenchman is a ridiculous situation, dreamed up in an attempt to lure fans to keep watching for the outcome. It's all, not too cleverly, orchestrated now.

Early shows seemed more fun and authentic. She and her family did share health concerns regarding her weight, e.g., blood sugars, etc. Now, not so much. I think viewers hoped to see Whit making positive changes, not regressing.

Even her parents seem disappointed with Whitney's behaviors and choices. The hopefulness they had early on, that the show would open doors for Whit, seems to be diminishing. Their affects show they fear for Whit's future. 

I see the last episode has Whitney going to France. Could the cliffhanger get any more predictable? 

Edited to add: Whit doesn't need to find a man, she needs a good therapist to help her with her food addiction/eating disorder, before it's too late. It's time for her to stop blaming her weight on PCOS. It's always something besides her own doing. 

Honored Contributor

I used to like to watch...especially the dancing

it is boring now.  Nothing is happening.  It's like watching paint dry.  My own life is more exciting.

Respected Contributor

I feel like this show can't decide whether it's about a large woman trying to be healthy, or about a large woman doing whatever she wants because she's special and above it all. 

The last season I watched she was becoming dangerously close to diabetic and was adjusting her diet and activity to keep that at bay.  Has there been any progress on this, or did they just forget about it?  She has clearly gained a lot of weight since then so I'm thinking that's ancient history.