Reply
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎04-01-2010
What makes you say the makers of the film are mormons?
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎04-01-2010
It has nothing to do with the mormon church. It is affiliated with Gateway Church in Austin Texas.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,979
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

@Iiuu  Perhaps I misspoke. Angel Studios is a Mormon owned business. Mormons and Christians have different doctrinal POV's. That's where I made my assumption. I am not familiar with Gateway - Austin but will look them up and read their statement of faith. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,661
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

from Mormons I knew in Salt Lake City they believe that there are other planets they will go to when they pass .  Also there entire family will reunite with them and they are married into eternity.  Not ...till death due us part as are my Christian beliefs .  At least that is what I was told from those I worked with then .  I'm not Mormon .

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,060
Registered: ‎05-01-2020

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Iiuu  Perhaps I misspoke. Angel Studios is a Mormon owned business.

Mormons and Christians have different doctrinal POV's. That's where I made my assumption. I am not familiar with Gateway - Austin but will look them up and read their statement of faith. 


Neither of your statements above are accurate.

 - There's a big difference between a church owning a company and the owners being of a certain faith.

 - Mormons are in fact Christians. Just because there's a difference of doctrine with other Christians doesn't change who they follow.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,979
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: movie After Death

[ Edited ]

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Iiuu  Perhaps I misspoke. Angel Studios is a Mormon owned business.

Mormons and Christians have different doctrinal POV's. That's where I made my assumption. I am not familiar with Gateway - Austin but will look them up and read their statement of faith. 


Neither of your statements above are accurate.

 - There's a big difference between a church owning a company and the owners being of a certain faith.

 - Mormons are in fact Christians. Just because there's a difference of doctrine with other Christians doesn't change who they follow.

 

 


That's your opinion.

 

Doctrine is everything.  Christianity (or any belief system) isn't only about the "who", but the "how".  If a particular denomination, or even an individual, decides how they want to practice, based on traditions from man, a feeling, or a new idea, if not aligned with the instruction manual, how can they all be right?  🤷‍♀️


By way of analogy, a vehicle instruction manual tells where to put gasoline and where to put water.  If you put either where they don't go, the car will not operate and will likely break.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,116
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

We all will know some day.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,681
Registered: ‎05-30-2010

Hey liuu, this belongs under TV & Movies!!!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,176
Registered: ‎05-09-2023

@Kitty Galore wrote:

from Mormons I knew in Salt Lake City they believe that there are other planets they will go to when they pass .  Also there entire family will reunite with them and they are married into eternity.  Not ...till death due us part as are my Christian beliefs .  At least that is what I was told from those I worked with then .  I'm not Mormon .


This belief is just as plausible as the belief in heaven or the river styx. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,404
Registered: ‎12-15-2013

 


@Lakelife62 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

from Mormons I knew in Salt Lake City they believe that there are other planets they will go to when they pass .  Also there entire family will reunite with them and they are married into eternity.  Not ...till death due us part as are my Christian beliefs .  At least that is what I was told from those I worked with then .  I'm not Mormon .


This belief is just as plausible as the belief in heaven or the river styx. 


@Lakelife62 , Girlfriend, sometimes you make me want to tear my hair out. 

 

Blessings.  😇😇😇