Highlighted
Honored Contributor

mother father son on the starz channel.

has anyone had a chance to watch this?

it is an 8 episode series.

we had starz for many years but they recently removed it from our package deal in exchange for epix and a couple of other channels. if i want to add it back in i have to pay for it. i COULD get a free trial and watch during that time.

wanted some feedback on the series.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: mother father son on STARZ

@sunshine45 ...I had also started a thread last Summer when I first discovered this series but I didn't get many responses at all...I'm rather surprised at the lack of replies as I thought it was an excellent series and done very well with a stellar cast.....Richard Gere (Max, Newspaper Tycoon), Helen McCrory (Kathryn, Ex-Wife, ) & Billy Howle (Caden, Son).

I found it to be a very intriguing, psychological, political and family drama and it had me hooked after the first few episodes when it started coming together for me...I'm a Richard Gere fan also and he didn't disappoint with his excellent performance.

The storyline and acting had me mesmerized and I was sorry when it ended as it definitely left room for another fascinating season...However, I read where Richard Gere found it rather grueling and compared it to doing the same movie over four times...Otherwise, I think it would have easily been picked up for a second season.

It would be well worth your time to sign up for the free trial of Starz if it sounds like something you would be interested in....It is definitely well worth a try and I don't think you would be disappointed.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

thank you so much for your review.

it does sound intriguing. i was hoping it would come to netflix or hulu or amazon prime, but it is probably staying on starz for a while. my best bet is probably to just do the free trial and watch it.

i am a big richard gere fan also.

is there definitely no season 2......just a one and done?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

thank you so much for your review.

it does sound intriguing. i was hoping it would come to netflix or hulu or amazon prime, but it is probably staying on starz for a while. my best bet is probably to just do the free trial and watch it.

i am a big richard gere fan also.

is there definitely no season 2......just a one and done?

@sunshine45 ...After seeing your thread, I've decided to watch the series again this weekend. Woman Happy

Here is part of what Richard Gere said during the interview...

How did TV compare with making a movie?  “It was six months’ shooting, like doing four indie movies back to back but playing the same character. It’s too long. I don’t think I’ll do it again.”

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~