Honored Contributor

Re: most powerful movie you've ever seen

@danielsl wrote:

The Mission staring Robert De Nero and Jeremy Irons.  Oh my!!!!!!

I love this movie and play the soundtrack often.

Respected Contributor

Life of Pi

12 Years a Slave

Trusted Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Great Topic! 

My choice would be "Life Is Beautiful" ~ Roberto Benigni

This is my favorite too!

Honored Contributor

I was lying in bed last night, scrolling through the Tivo guide, and I saw 'Somewhere In Time' coming up on one of the Premium channels.   I set it to record overnight on the Living Room Tivo and watched it this morning.  Ok, I actually watched it TWICE this morning!   What a freak!  But what a beautiful piece.   

So, if anybody is looking for this one, check your guide.  It looks like it's coming up again on the Movie Channel on Tuesday 11/10 at 12:35am.  YMMV if there is a difference for time zones.  Smiley Happy  It was nice that it was in HD and pretty decent for a movie made in 1980.

Honored Contributor

I would definitely have to add The Color Purple and The Help to my list as well....Also Steel Magnolias, the scene with Sally Field was just so heart wrenching to me!!!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I would definitely have to add The Color Purple and The Help to my list as well....Also Steel Magnolias, the scene with Sally Field was just so heart wrenching to me!!! And The Theory of Everything! That was such a moving film and the actors did such an amazing job!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

My most recent most powerful movie is what I watched last night, "Captain Phillips" w/Tom Hanks! Wow what an excellent movie! I just love anything Tom Hanks is in, he's such an outstanding actor!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My most recent most powerful movie is what I watched last night, "Captain Phillips" w/Tom Hanks! Wow what an excellent movie! I just love anything Tom Hanks is in, he's such an outstanding actor!

@ID2

I just read that Meg Ryan, who's been out of the public eye for a while, will be making another romantic comedy with Tom Hanks.  I'm not sure that movie would fall into the "powerful" category, but I'm sure it will make for a fun viewing.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.