Esteemed Contributor

Re: meghan mccain is back on the view today 10/8/18

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I'm not a fan of Meghan McCain, but I certainly know what she has been through. Take it from me, a daughter who adored her own father and had to watch him slip away before my eyes as I helplessly stood by.  Meghan had that same emotional roller coaster, plus being in the public eye and going through the exhausting circumstances that follow the death of a prominent statesman. I hope she kept her own health through it all. You brace yourself all along and refuse to get sick, and then when it's all over, your body kind of lets down and is open to all kinds of illnesses. I'm glad she took the time to grieve, get some rest, and come to terms with the loss of her hero.

@RainCityWoman  Very well put.  I also went through it and I know how difficult and draining it can be .  I certainly wasn't in the public eye as she was.   My dad was my hero as well ,  the best person I ever knew ,  he was my person.

No matter how you prepare for the inevitable, when it happens, it is devastating and life changing. My dad has been gone 23 years, and there isn't a day I don't think about him. Your dad and mine must have been cut from the same mold.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be

True... And Jamie Lee Curtis brought it all home.  Even in the midst of talking about the movie.  I was like, that's my Jamie!

Wasn't it also deep when Jamie mentioned that she didn't have a relationship with her father? (Tony Curtis, of course)  I didn't know that and I've been a fan of her mother (Janet Leigh), her father and her for many years.  I was sad for her to hear that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did anyone notice whose name Meghan didn't mention when she named the two men who were like uncles to her? Could be that #3 did something that didn't please her family.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

Did anyone notice whose name Meghan didn't mention when she named the two men who were like uncles to her? Could be that #3 did something that didn't please her family.

@Tique  I definitely noticed that.  I don't blame her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

I'm not a fan of Meghan McCain, but I certainly know what she has been through. Take it from me, a daughter who adored her own father and had to watch him slip away before my eyes as I helplessly stood by.  Meghan had that same emotional roller coaster, plus being in the public eye and going through the exhausting circumstances that follow the death of a prominent statesman. I hope she kept her own health through it all. You brace yourself all along and refuse to get sick, and then when it's all over, your body kind of lets down and is open to all kinds of illnesses. I'm glad she took the time to grieve, get some rest, and come to terms with the loss of her hero.

@RainCityWoman  Very well put.  I also went through it and I know how difficult and draining it can be .  I certainly wasn't in the public eye as she was.   My dad was my hero as well ,  the best person I ever knew ,  he was my person.

No matter how you prepare for the inevitable, when it happens, it is devastating and life changing. My dad has been gone 23 years, and there isn't a day I don't think about him. Your dad and mine must have been cut from the same mold.

@RainCityWoman  I so agree with you.  It doesn't matter how long they have been gone either,  your dad 23 mine will be 4 yrs this coming Monday.   Every day there is something that reminds me of him.  He always gave  the best advice and never judged , the love was unconditional.   I'm sure your dad was the same.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Tique  I definitely noticed that.  I don't blame her.

Who was #3 ?  

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone eat graham crackers?  My uncle loves them. Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

the entire video is on youtube......10/8/18 (posted by THE VIEW)

"Meghan McCain Returns To "The View" Table"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Tique. I believe the word for him is Turncoat! A leopard doesn't change his spots. He's just showing his true colors. How sad!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
QVC Customer Care