Honored Contributor

lori lori  - Haven't gotten any emails from you in awhile.  You doing OK?  Send me an email and let me know how you and your Mom are doing.....tomorrow is my birthday, thinking of you.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Bump?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

lori lori  - Haven't gotten any emails from you in awhile.  You doing OK?  Send me an email and let me know how you and your Mom are doing.....tomorrow is my birthday, thinking of you.Smiley Happy

Hi, I'm not lori, but I talked to her yesterday or the day before on my soap thread. She is fine. Happy Birthday. I'll tell her you are asking about her.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Judaline.

And of course, thanks @Annabellethecat66.

What happened is my mother took a bad fall from the top of the up escalator at Macys to the bottom, backwards, over and over, hitting her head on the escalator (she had a brain bleed and was thisclose to needing brain surgery but she's a very lucky woman) and her body, you can see the treads of the escalator imprinted on her body.

I haven't watched my soaps and am only getting this time because she's in a chair reading the paper.

It's going to be tough going for a little while.  She is very stubborn and uncooperative and I have to keep a very very close eye on her.

I am so glad you missed me and you asked!  Thank you!  And to anyone else reading this who cares, thank you!  I won't be around but I know you care and it's a great feeling.

Respected Contributor

Oh my @LoriLori! Your poor mother! I hope she's going to be alright. That must have been terrifying for her and you. Were you with her when it happened?  I can't even imagine seeing that happen to any person, but my mom! Woman Sad

I know what you mean about our parents being stubborn, mine are the same way. I think they are so set in their ways and still think they know what's best for them. I hope you can get her to cooperate a little bit!

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your mom!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori, Wow what a close call that was.  Hope mom continues to improve.

@lainey1, I've been through it, too.  My mom lived with me for ten years.  As we get older, we don't want to admit that we can't do what we used to without help.  It's about letting go of their independence.  We will go through it as well, most likely.  The circle of life.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@LoriLori I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.  I hope she will be all right.  I know how hard this will be on you, too.  All my best wishes for you both!Heart 

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori  - I had a feeling something was wrong.  I'm so sorry about your mom.  You and I have emailed, so I know some things about what's going on.

I have an ulterior motive for contacting you here.  I admit it.  I wanted all of our/your friends to be able to tell you you are not alone (sometimes having others say, "I know, I've been there.  I understand" helps.  I wanted many well wishers to come your way.  So many of us have become cyber friends.  It's a good 'safe' place to come to just to have other's say, "You are in our thoughts".

Thank you for taking the time to come on here and let everyone know you are going through a tough time (as is your Mom) and giving them the chance to share some of their difficulties with aging parents and family members.

lori-lori, you rock!  So does everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori~ I just read about the accident your mom had on the escalator. I can't even imagine how tramatic that must have been not only for your mom, but for you too! 

You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers, and especially your mom for a swift recovery. 

Blessings~Heart

Trusted Contributor

Lori Lori, do take good care of both yourself and your mom.  I can't even imagine what it felt like to take such a bad tumble on the escalator.  The fact that she is stubborn now is a good sign that she's still fiestly.

My best friend's mom just had a stroke about a week ago and she's gonna be in the hospital for a while.  At first she was just groggy, but has since become argumentative.  My friend is so thankful she's got that kind of spirit back. 

I hope your mom continues to recover and is back to herself again really soon.