Contributor

I wasn't able to watch the whole program last night. If anyone did, did Dan update the cindition of the dog they pulled out of the drain? I hope he's okay.

Respected Contributor

No they didn't after they said the pup got to the er vet. I'm hoping beyond hope the sweet thing is ok but it looked so thin and weak. It broke my heart. The sweet baby reminded me of my long haired chihuahua I lost December 2018. I'm sure they will update tonight. 

Esteemed Contributor

they spent a lot of time trying to rescue that dog....don't know why animal control wasn't there.....

Honored Contributor

@jst4jan wrote:

I wasn't able to watch the whole program last night. If anyone did, did Dan update the cindition of the dog they pulled out of the drain? I hope he's okay.

My sister watches and tapes the show without fail.  A huge fan!  I called her to ask about your question.  She said the dog was thin like it had been in the drain for a while.  She couldn't understand how he got in there because the man holes are very heavy.  One person had treats and another had water but the dog didn't take either.  They took the dog to the emergency animal hospital for treatment.  There wasn't any mention of the dogs condition after that.  I would have cried my eyes out.  My sister said that the Live PD Nation is very pro animal, especially dogs.  I'm sure he is getting the best of care and pray that he makes a full recovery.... SC

Honored Contributor

God works in mysterious ways.  I'm glad animal control didn't pull him out.  The good samatarian was small and I'm sure was more gentle trying to remove the dog. The police put the dog in the canine SUV and took it to the animal hospital to save time rather than wait on animal control.  The announcer did mention that there was no further word on the dog.  I hope there will be an update on tonights show.  SC

Trusted Contributor

Re: lLive PD Last Night

[ Edited ]

@jst4jan   Found this on Live PD Twitter page:

Richland County Sheriff's Dept.

@RCSD
· 2h
Okay!! Here’s an update on the dog: First, her name is Maxine. After several tests at the vet last night, we are HAPPY to report she’s home, stopped shivering and is now resting comfortably. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

ETA:  She was micro chipped.  They called her owners.Guide dog

🙏🏼
@OfficialLivePD #LivePDNation #TeamRCSD

Honored Contributor

Re: lLive PD Last Night

[ Edited ]

I read that the Richmond County Sheriff's Department is paying for all the vet fees for this situation.  Praying this sweet canine regains strength and good health.

Edited to add that the pup was microchipped and her name is Maxine.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Caroline 1 wrote:

@jst4jan wrote:

My sister watches and tapes the show without fail.  A huge fan!  I called her to ask about your question.  She said the dog was thin like it had been in the drain for a while.  She couldn't understand how he got in there because the man holes are very heavy.  One person had treats and another had water but the dog didn't take either.  They took the dog to the emergency animal hospital for treatment.  There wasn't any mention of the dogs condition after that.  I would have cried my eyes out.  My sister said that the Live PD Nation is very pro animal, especially dogs.  I'm sure he is getting the best of care and pray that he makes a full recovery.... SC

I did cry my eyes out. I was thinking the same things how did the poor baby get down there. I wonder if someone threw her in there ☹️ 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update on Maxine!  Heart Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

When they say she's "home" does it mean with her owners or did someone adopt her?