Honored Contributor

hallmark drama channel....just added to my comcast

just noticed today that COMCAST in my area (and with my subscription) has added the HALLMARK DRAMA channel. i am now wondering if something went away?

did anyone else get this all of a sudden?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: hallmark drama channel....just added to my comcast

I don’t subscribe to the Comcast package that includes the Hallmark and Hallmark movies channels so I didn’t get it but from an online search it looks like the Hallmark drama channel was launched a couple years ago but was not originally offered on cable tv - more on streaming services.  Comcast had many requests to include this channel and they probably finally negotiated with Hallmark to receive it.  So I’m thinking it was added to your lineup but nothing taken away. 

Respected Contributor

I don't have Comcast, but my company always puts a message in the Message section that says what has been removed and what has been added.

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast and didn't know it was added.  

Looking over the programming, not drama to me, not impressed.  I thought it would be movies. 

Respected Contributor

I get the channel in HD only on Cox in my area. Although I like a lot of the retro shows they offer, I thought there would be some new movies or programming. They do frequently run the “Love Comes Softly” series of movies which I like, especially the one with that title. Most of the movies start at 7:00pm eastern and run through the evening. Channel must have been giving INSP some competition because they are no longer showing Little House on The Prairie weekdays late afternoon eastern but Hallmark D is showing during same time period. I do not pay extra for Drama but do pay extra for Tier INSP is on.
Honored Contributor

Hi, Sun what is the channel number, I will check it. Thanks

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 I have Comcast Philadelphia. Hallmark Drama has been on my service for at least a month maybe longer. channel 1460.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Hi, Sun what is the channel number, I will check it. Thanks

hi @Shelbelle 

166 and 1460

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Comcast announced on September 10 that they added Hallmark Drama to the tier called Digital Preferred Tier.  If you go to your bill it will show what tier you have.

It is channel 1460 in HD.  I forget what the SD channel is.

Most people saw it immediately however Comcast said it would roll out to everyone on 10/1.  

I have TiVo, so I think I have to wait another week for it to capture on my channel line up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I only get it on 1460 on my Mother cable box, not on 166 on my adapter box in my smaller rooms.