Honored Contributor

Re: georgia engel.....rest in peace

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I think it was 2 weeks ago that FE TV showed an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Georgia Engel did quite a nice dance routine to the song "Steam Heat".

I was surprised that they chose Georgia Engel to do the routine. Since Mary Tyler Moore was also quite a dancer. But I was wondering if they wanted to show another side of Georgia Engel.

Sad to watch the old TV comedies and realize many of the characters are no longer with us.

But that is exactly WHY that scene worked so well..She was playing against her character, doing something, so racy, something  no one expected,  and doing it so WELL, that everyone, (especially Ted) ws totally flabbergasted!

@Mothertrucker 

@drizzellla 

it is such a great scene......the look on teds face is too funny!

remember how he did not want her to perform? he thought she would embarrass herself and him.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I really enjoyed her on the MTM show. So many laughs. May she RIP.

Honored Contributor

She did a great job in more recent years playing Betty White's friend , Mamie Sue on Hot in Cleveland. I had no idea she was only 70. 

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed her on MTM. She made her roles look effortless. She never saw a doctor because of her religious beliefs...her choice but sad for the rest of us. There is no known cause of death. How terrible if she could have been diagnosed and saved.

Honored Contributor

A woman of talent who made us laugh and brought us fun, who entertained and made the world a better place, rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

Too young to leave us. Most familiar with her from MTM Show.
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I really enjoyed her on MTM. She made her roles look effortless. She never saw a doctor because of her religious beliefs...her choice but sad for the rest of us. There is no known cause of death. How terrible if she could have been diagnosed and saved.

i was surprised to hear that she was only 70 also @Vivian .

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Georgia Engel was great on the MTM Show!  Now she's an Angel!  (Well, she always was: Engel is German for Angel.)

Honored Contributor

TV Land is having a Georgia Engel Marathon on Sunday beginning at 5 PM.