Honored Contributor

georgia engel.....rest in peace

[ Edited ]

oh how i loved the character GEORGETTE on the mary tyler moore show!

she is loved for other roles also, but my favorite was georgette.

so sorry to hear that she has passed away.....

may she rest in peace.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Veteran-Actor-Georgia-Engel-Passes-Away-At-Age-70-20190415

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Georgia_Engel_1977.JPG/220px-Georgia_Engel_1977.JPG

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: georgia engel.....rest in peace

She brought much joy and smiles to many over the years Heart

Esteemed Contributor

She was such a joyful funny actress.RIP!!💐

Honored Contributor

Very sorry to hear this, @sunshine45.  What a delight the character of "Georgette" was on Mary Tyler Moore!  Gentle, naive, charmingly whimsical, but strong when she needed to be.  She could even get "Ted" in line when necessary....

Yet another actor/actress on the show who took a role and made it utterly memorable!  RIP  Georgia Engel.

Honored Contributor

Sad news. To be married to Ted Baxter had to be difficult.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved her on Everybody loves Raymond. She played Roberts MIL. May she Rest In Peace. 

Respected Contributor

Absolutely adored her as Amy's mom on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed her work...especially on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Honored Contributor

I think it was 2 weeks ago that FE TV showed an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Georgia Engel did quite a nice dance routine to the song "Steam Heat".

I was surprised that they chose Georgia Engel to do the routine. Since Mary Tyler Moore was also quite a dancer. But I was wondering if they wanted to show another side of Georgia Engel.

Sad to watch the old TV comedies and realize many of the characters are no longer with us.

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I think it was 2 weeks ago that FE TV showed an episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Georgia Engel did quite a nice dance routine to the song "Steam Heat".

I was surprised that they chose Georgia Engel to do the routine. Since Mary Tyler Moore was also quite a dancer. But I was wondering if they wanted to show another side of Georgia Engel.

Sad to watch the old TV comedies and realize many of the characters are no longer with us.

But that is exactly WHY that scene worked so well..She was playing against her character, doing something, so racy, something  no one expected,  and doing it so WELL, that everyone, (especially Ted) ws totally flabbergasted!