Respected Contributor

Does anyone here use a firestick for their TV viewing? If so, how do you like it?

Honored Contributor

I have 2 Fire sticks on different TVs.  Neither is working properly, one not at all.  I prefer Roku.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i have two, using on 2 different tvs. I like them. I got them from amazon and one was a refurbished stick. I think if you get the newer ones, it's easier to navagate. I have prime/netflix/hbomax and several others and have no problem. I do think you need a strong signal.

Honored Contributor

I have one and I like it.    I only bought it to get HBO Go because Tivo or Roku didn't have that choice, and HBO Go is no extra charge since I have HBO.

It is so much less expensive than other choices of which I'm familiar and seems to offer a lot.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 

2nd generation Fire TV stick in my bedroom

3rd generation Fire TV stick in my living room

Love both!  Never any problems/issues w/either one.

I have high speed internet/wi-fi/router.  That may make a difference.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I found that I had bought the fire stick lite and it worked but not well for both of my tv s . After comparing l found that the lite works only well with TV that already have those sites programmed in as Hulu etc . So I got the fire stick 3rd generation , didn't need anything preprogrammed in the TV and working great ! The problem with the other one - lite- was the remote didn't want to respond or the picture, program would always freeze . 

Honored Contributor

I have two Fire Sticks and a Fire TV and they work fine. No issues. Don't pay full price for them though. The Fire Sticks are often on sale for 50% off. Woot.com has them marked down on a very regular basis also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I have two of the 4K with voice remote - got them from Amazon.  I love them - use them to watch Apple TV+  Originally bought them to watch the ACC network on Hulu Live but dropped Live as no longer need it for the ACC.

Amazon has had them on sale lately - about $15 cheaper than what I paid 18 months ago.