Super Contributor

at the Ben Affleck and J-lo wedding in GA.  Does that seem strange to you?  It does to me.  Maybe you can explain it.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't find it strange. That is what they wanted to do. I saw photos and the outfits didn't take away from the bride, so the idea of guests not wearing white don't always apply. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

here is the picture:

Respected Contributor

Their wedding their choice nothing to explain really.  All white clothing parties have been around for a long time.

Honored Contributor

All the men and women were virgins .   About as likely as they will stay married. I've seen this fairy tale before.

giphy2.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@lil sophie    Maybe she thought guests would be less likely to melt.  One news station discussing  whole the wedding said the humidity was going to be 99%.  

Not my wedding, but if at 53 rs. old I was having a second wedding in a month, for my 4th marriage, no less, I wouldn't have done the virginal gown and veil thing. Already married, just throw a big party and call it a day.

But  then again I'm not big on being the center of attention.

Honored Contributor

@lil sophie wrote:

at the Ben Affleck and J-lo wedding in GA.  Does that seem strange to you?  It does to me.  Maybe you can explain it.

Sounds like the Hampton's All White party her old beau, P. Diddy used to throw. 

I wasn't sure what he calls himself now.  Looked it up and it started as, well, his birth name, Sean Combs, then it was Puffy, then Puff Daddy, then P. Diddy, Diddy, P. Diddy (again), then Sean Jean (his real middle name) and Swag--I never called him that! and back to Puff Daddy.  I read now he wants to be called Love (my husband calls me that sometimes Heart)

But I call him P. Diddy, or P for short.  

I forgot, what was the original question?

Honored Contributor

Anything for "pub."  They got people to talk about it didn't they?  Mission accomplished.  

Respected Contributor

I like the idea, especially in the blazing heat and humidity.

I may be in the minority, but I'm very happy for them.  They were together, engaged and called off the wedding which was sad for two people seemingly in love.  I always thought Ben was the love of Jen's life. The fact they found each other again, 20 years later is a real life fairy tale. I hope they live together happily ever after. I do believe in love and I hope it triumphs in their case.

Honored Contributor

God bless do what you want if you have the money but I've had enough of this couple. At what point, how many marriages ( she's at four I think) you stop with the big celebration and white wedding gown? Also I read that Ben was not happy with the attention he and Jen got on their Paris honeymoon by the paparazzi. He should know that he signed up for this, there is such an interest in Jen, she must like it because she does nothing to lessen the attention she gets.