Honored Contributor

One of my top five fav films.Fred is great. Whoever thought he would be Dad or Flubber. But no one can beat Edward G. Robinson.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

One of my favorite films also.  The 3 leads were all great especially EGR.  Hard to believe that it was nominated for best picture but lost to Going My Way!!!

Honored Contributor

There has been a remake of this film.  I was sure, though, that the OP must mean the original in the thread title.

Honored Contributor

The thing I always remember from this film is Barbara Stanwyck's ankle bracelet.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: double indeminity

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1

I love this movie and have seen it many times.  Fred MasMurray is uncharacteristically cast as a bad guy, but plays it well.  He really goes bonkers over Barbara's "Phyllis" character Cat LOL

Throughout the movie, he calls her "baby."  She is a superb Black Widow and fits the roll in a deliciously evil way.

Edward G. is the best.  

Just wonderful throughout!

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

How could I have missed THAT important detail?

So perfect!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1

I love this movie and have seen it many times.  Fred MasMurray is uncharacteristically cast as a bad guy, but plays in well.  He really goes bonkers over Barbara's "Phyllis" character Cat LOL

Throughout the movie, he calls her "baby."  She is a superb Black Widow and fits the roll in a deliciously evil way.

Edward G. is the best.  

Just wonderful thoughout!

@Witchy Woman  Don't forget about The Apartment.  He was a nasty guy in that too, a married guy just "using" Shirley MacLaine!

Honored Contributor

I forgot about The Apartment. Loved the film! Always wanted to go somewhere when I would walk in they would "play" my song!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man