Honored Contributor

To me, Kel is the most appealing of the dancers left.  He has been my favorite all season.  I love watching him dance, and I think he has a great personality.  I really hope he wins.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The system used for judging should be changed. It seems that not everyone votes (duh?) or people who never watch the show, give some contestants an unfair advantage. It's not supposed to be a popularity contest, or is it? I thought it was a vote for technique and improvement. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

The system used for judging should be changed. It seems that not everyone votes (duh?) or people who never watch the show, give some contestants an unfair advantage. It's not supposed to be a popularity contest, or is it? I thought it was a vote for technique and improvement. 

@Shanus  it was always a popularity contest for the first few weeks. And when the okay/bad dancers finally went home it became a REAL dance competiton. I think we're now at that point this season! A few weeks longer than it should have been  imo- Kate & Kamaro were terrific.

Respected Contributor

Sadly it has turned into a popularity contest.  That is why Bobby Bones won last time.  The larger the social media following the better the dancers chances regardless of dance talent.  

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  it was always a popularity contest for the first few weeks. And when the okay/bad dancers finally went home it became a REAL dance competiton. I think we're now at that point this season! A few weeks longer than it should have been  imo- Kate & Kamaro were terrific.

@Ibby114  I obviously agree. The judges were livid when the votes were in a week ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it is going by social media chances are Hannah is the winner; although, @FindingMyJoy , if you think she's irritating with her "oh poor me" on this show, this is mild compared to The Bachelorette so I don't know how popular she is with The Bachelorette audience.  Really one of the worst IMO so aside from her Bachelor/ette family, hopefully not a lot more and she doesn't knock out one of the others. 

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Sadly it has turned into a popularity contest.  That is why Bobby Bones won last time.  The larger the social media following the better the dancers chances regardless of dance talent.  

@Shawnie   Just as well. Think I'm finished after this season. Between this show, the Voice, Bachelorette, Bachelor...there are way too many shows with winners/losers, contestants, reality based type shows that send the wrong message...You're prettier and you're not, you're stronger and you're not, etc. IMO, it may contribute to bullying. 

Honored Contributor

There are obviously, as always, some contestants who have an advantage right from the start.  They are performers in some area and have some experience and/or training, so naturally they will pick up the choreography quicker or will be more fluent, if you will.  But that doesn't mean that the others don't work just as hard or put just as much effort into their routines.

Of course, it's obvious to all that Sean was the least talented dancer of all of the entries. But he really wanted to do well, he was so invested, tried so hard, enjoyed himself, had such a great attitude and seemed to really enjoy the experience and was very enjoyable to watch.

I felt the judges were extremely mean spirited in their comments to him.  Yes, of course, they could not and should not sugarcoat their comments and say things that were not true, but they were very hurtful and unkind to him constantly.  Not necessary!  You can give critiques without being so personal and ignorant about it!  

I cannot stand Hannah or --- I can't think of the country girl's name.  She tried to come off at first as this little shy, backward girl and she definitely was not!  She seems very phony.

I vote for Kel!  I love his attitude!  And he is very, very good!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I hope  ALLY wins it all.  she has a point to prove as she was bullied all the time when she was in her girls group about her dancing skills and her looks.cant beleive nobody talks about her dancing on the show as she is really good.

was great to hear those NYSYC  songs again.always hated the BSB . NYSYC was the best ever.

Honored Contributor

who is around and watching?

lots of great dances tonight......everyone has improved!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein