Respected Contributor
And Sailor wasn't eliminated "early on." Last night was the halfway mark. Even with a couple of no-elimination shows, she should be happy she made it to that point. As a last-minute replacement for her mom, she was quite accomplished.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

Why the heck is Sean Spicer still there?  Cannot believe he's never been in the Bottom 2, let alone not get voted off!  The one sent home tonight was one of two top dancers IMO!

@KLevineFan He may not be the best dancer there, but I think he has a huge fan base. I enjoy watching him because he has a huge smile on his face. He seems like a genuinely happy person, and I enjoy watching people who look like they are having a good time. 

I don't think he has any illusions that he will win; in fact, I heard him on a news show say he was surprised he was still on, but that he is having a "blast" being a part of the experience.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Sailor's reaction was a little over the top for me.  Val looked so embarrased.

@Bri369 I agree. Did I miss something that explains she was acting like a little girl? I get that she was disappointed, that is understandable. But she was overreacting, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Sean will go to the finals unfortunately.  I think he will be one of the final two.  Thank goodness they're leaving it up to the judges when it gets to the final two this season.  Sean would probably win otherwise.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor
@World Traveler is right. Spicer knows he won't win this competition, and he doesn't take himself seriously, and has a good attitude.

Personally, I have to say that last night's "dilemma" was a dream: judges, given too much power by producers, having to decide between two fairly equal dancers, when they would have preferred to keep a favorite, and jettison, say, Sean Spicer.

And that's what will ultimately happen when (not if) he lands in the bottom two--even if the final judge/viewer vote tally puts him AHEAD of the one the judges "save."

Trusted Contributor

I disagree about Sean NOT expecting to win. If you go on his social media, he's alllll about getting votes and having his political fans vote to mess with a liberal show. If he does win, it will be disappointing that another person like Bobby last season won eventhough they weren't close to being the best dancer of the year. He seems like a nice guy but other seasons have nice guys too who also can't dance well and don't deserve to make it to the finals. It will be interesting to see the group dances they usually do for Halloween. It's always a very clear reminder of who is dancing well and who don't even deserve to get 7s for "trying". 

Sailor surprised me more than others. I thought being a model and Christy's daughter that she would be stuck on herself. She was likable and really tried hard to do well. DIdn't just float on her last name and mom's fame. She didn't have the large fanbase to boost her to win. It was sad to see her so upset crying hard last night. It may have been genuine sadness of being voted off but also the release of stress she had since she joined the show. I saw her interview on Kelly Clarkson and she was clear she really never wanted the stress of doing the show. 

I was surprised that Ally was in the bottom. But maybe other voters are like me - assume since she's a good dancer that enough other people will vote for her so I should use my votes on another person. (I'm a Kate and Kel and Karamo fan). I think this will be even more motivation for Sasha to do a really great choreographed dance next week. I really like him as a pro and want him to stay longer this season. 

Respected Contributor
LOL Give me a very large break.

Anyone tapping into EVERY competitor's social media platforms will see each of them begging for votes and stating that their entire family, shirttail relatives, and hometown are voting for them. Of course, the media appears to have missed that, and we know why.

Anyone who's fretting that Spicer will win this is smoking the wacky weed, and needs to familiarize themselves with the new rules. Of ANY two remaining, the JUDGES won't pick Spicer--even if the final vote tally gave him the win.

Since producers, the judges (Len, on last night's results: "Stop making people cry!"), and some viewers, obviously want the staid--but professional--Arthur Murray Dance Party, they should do away with viewer voting PERIOD. Let the judges decide even the bottom two. And forget Charo, Valerie Harper, Jane Seymour, Master P., Susan Lucci, Monique, Tucker Carlson, Sean Spicer, Leeza Gibbons, Melissa Gilbert, Kirstie Alley, etc., etc., etc. Stick to Hollywood sylphs, Olympic skaters, and athletes. Even with improvement, none of them (nor MANY others) ever stood a chance.

Problem solved. 🙂

Honored Contributor

I don't think Sean Spicer is going to win.  He must have a large fan base to keep him out of the bottom 2, but he'll get there eventually.  The judges won't send a better dancer home before Sean.  That's the the difference in the scoring this year.

As far as Sailor, she was sobbing.  She couldn't even compose herself.  

Respected Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars

[ Edited ]

I thought Sailor sobbed like a little spoiled brat that didn't get her way.  I also thought she looked like a poor sport.

When the first judge didn't vote to keep her in and she started carrying on, if I had been 2nd judge, I would have voted her out for sure just for the way she was acting.

I don't like the judges making the final decision either.  

Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Nothing would surprise me after what happened last year with Bobby Bones declared the winner. His highest score was an 8, and only at the tail end of the competition. 

I think this show has seen its better days.