Respected Contributor
Was anything said about another season of the show in Spring 2020? I only watched first hour. Did see part where Lionel Richie selected contestant for American Idol which I guess starts in January.
Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
Was anything said about another season of the show in Spring 2020? I only watched first hour. Did see part where Lionel Richie selected contestant for American Idol which I guess starts in January.

It is set to return fall of 2020, no show this coming Spring as last year. 

Valued Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

I am really disappointed that Hannah won.  I am beginning to think that the finale should just use the judges votes and let them choose the winner from the remaining dancers.  They were all pretty good, even though I never cared for Hannah.

I  hear 'ya. I would have been happy with any of the other 3, but not Hannah for the win.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Kindaglitzy wrote:

Guess it is no longer popular enough to warrant two seasons a year.......It will be interesting to hear what the ratings were this past season.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Kindaglitzy wrote:

Guess it is no longer popular enough to warrant two seasons a year.......It will be interesting to hear what the ratings were this past season.

I think if ABC wasn’t airing American Idol there would be a Spring season of the show. Does anyone remember the shortened 6 week version they did, probably wasn’t successful as they haven’t done it again.