Honored Contributor

i may be in the minority, but i find the voting system this season to be pretty fair (except that the other time zones dont get to watch live.)

two people bottom two.......the judges save the person they feel has done best.

a mix of popularity and style/effort/talent.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i may be in the minority, but i find the voting system this season to be pretty fair (except that the other time zones dont get to watch live.)

two people bottom two.......the judges save the person they feel has done best.

a mix of popularity and style/effort/talent.

I, too, like the voting sysem this season.  I like that the best dancer  of the botton two will stay, especially at the end.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Ok

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have to agree, since the ridiculous and unfair outcome last year, I will watch, but my interest has gone way down. I read that Tom Bergeron is very unhappy to have Sean Spicer as a contestant. He feels the show should be totally without politics. 

Sean Spicer has not brought politics into it, and for someone to suggest that is completely false.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

Ok

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have to agree, since the ridiculous and unfair outcome last year, I will watch, but my interest has gone way down. I read that Tom Bergeron is very unhappy to have Sean Spicer as a contestant. He feels the show should be totally without politics. 

Sean Spicer has not brought politics into it, and for someone to suggest that is completely false.

@sann   No on here, or elsewhere, has suggested that Sean Spicer brought politics into it.  Tom Bergeron didn't think Sean Spicer should be on the show because of politics and said that BEFORE the season started. No one has said anything about bringing politics into it after the show started.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Sailor just stood there covering her face. She wouldn't even talk or look at anyone. Weird

The girl who was hugging her grandma (?) seemed to be trying to make it all about herself. I could tell the pro dancer was irritated.

@Daisy Sunflower   The woman Alaina was hugging was her mother.  If you watched the storyline before the dance, Alaina wrote that song for her stepfather who died of cancer last year at age 48.  It was a year ago yesterday that he died.  They were very close.  He married her mother when she was 10 years old.  Alaina is a country singer, and that is her song about what he said right before he died.  It was understandably very emotional for her.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Very disappointed that Sailor was eliminated so early in the competition.

Honored Contributor

She was just on E channel talking about last night's loss.

She said she, her mom and her entire family were very surprised she lost.

All of these shows are just personality contests.  Obviously, the best dancer does not win.

Esteemed Contributor

Strictly my opinion, but clearly Sailor expected that adding that Brinkley into her name is going to matter.  The ol' being in her mom's shadow scrutiny IMO is ridiculous.  Take out your mom's last name if you don't want to be sure that is going to open the door for you.  You don't see it in her sister's name.   Her reaction was ridiculous and showed she expected her name to keep her there.  She has zero fanbase.  Who knew who she was before this?  I knew of her because she got to appear in SI with her mom.  The only thing missing from a true temper tantrum was her stomping her feet.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

The woman Alaina was hugging was her mother.  If you watched the storyline before the dance, Alaina wrote that song for her stepfather who died of cancer last year at age 48.  It was a year ago yesterday that he died. 

Okay, but how long was she going to stand there hugging her mom?? She wanted more camera time, but the show had to continue. Even her pro partner looked irritated. She could have waited to get together with her family after the show -- or do a quick hug and then get back to the show. jmo

Honored Contributor

Regarding Sailor's elimination - O.k. --  I get that she got her best scores so far, and then she got eliminated.  But, oh, my goodness --- the sobbing, and sobbing!  She kept on and on until the show totally was off the air --- and probably beyond no doubt.  

Ridiculous!  You would have thought somebody died the way she was carrying on!  Her reaction probably due to the fact that this was probably because this was the worst thing that has ever happened to her and the fact that she was not able to get something she wanted --- she simply did not know how to handle it.  Like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum!  Not attractive behavior in a grown woman!  Of course, the reactions of Christie in the audience watching her daughter all the time --- so over the top and theatrical!  

We all know that dancers get to stay who should get eliminated because they are not as good, so others get eliminated who probably shouldn't.  But unfortunately, that's how it is on this show.  People --- you know when you sign on, so get a grip!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin