Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars

[ Edited ]

Next week should prove to be most interesting with the Group dances....You can really see who isn't dancing up to par for sure.......You can see the weakest link, that is what I meant to say.

Honored Contributor

Bobby Bones won fair and square.  DWTS was never a show about having the "best" dancer winning.

There were people that went home that scored 10's in previous seasons.  

I consider it entertainment.  Whoever wins is irrelevant to me. It's an enjoyable show to watch.  

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Bobby Bones won fair and square.  DWTS was never a show about having the "best" dancer winning.

I consider it entertainment.  Whoever wins is irrelevant to me. It's an enjoyable show to watch.  

---

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. If it were strictly a dance competition, the entertainment value would be lost. 

As long as viewers vote, fan base will always be a huge factor, often overriding pure dance ability. If judges had the only vote, the show would be boring. From a judge's perspective (particularlly Len, formerly a competition judge), the mirror ball would go to the best technical dancer, whether or not the television audience even enjoyed the dancing.

I like it the way it is, and I think the current "tweak" in the process will prevent the worst dancer from winning, even if the best dancer does not win.

There are actual dance competitions available for television viewing; this show does not pretend to be one.

Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago, you know who told his supporters to vote for Mr. Spicer.

I'm sure it has generated votes.

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

---

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. If it were strictly a dance competition, the entertainment value would be lost. 

As long as viewers vote, fan base will always be a huge factor, often overriding pure dance ability. If judges had the only vote, the show would be boring. From a judge's perspective (particularlly Len, formerly a competition judge), the mirror ball would go to the best technical dancer, whether or not the television audience even enjoyed the dancing.

I like it the way it is, and I think the current "tweak" in the process will prevent the worst dancer from winning, even if the best dancer does not win.

There are actual dance competitions available for television viewing; this show does not pretend to be one.

@Highlands72 . You said this perfectly. I agree 100%.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

A few weeks ago, you know who told his supporters to vote for Mr. Spicer.

I'm sure it has generated votes.

@lulu1   Not just a few weeks ago.  It's every week.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Sailor's reaction was a little over the top for me.  Val looked so embarrased.

@Bri369 I agree. Did I miss something that explains she was acting like a little girl? I get that she was disappointed, that is understandable. But she was overreacting, in my opinion.

@World Traveler Sailors's judges scores were  stellar - her emotional reaction was probably a bit of shock as well as disappointment.  
Esteemed Contributor

Sailor just stood there covering her face. She wouldn't even talk or look at anyone. Weird

The girl who was hugging her grandma (?) seemed to be trying to make it all about herself. I could tell the pro dancer was irritated.

Respected Contributor
I got a message trying to get my last 10 text votes in before the last commercial break that the voting was closed. What’s up with closing the votes before the announced time.

I find Sean entertaining, but honestly hope people find it in themselves to do the right thing.

I guess Sailor did not prepare herself for the possibility of leaving. I would think that everyone would want to prepare themselves for possibility of leaving so that they could remain composed. Val and others appeared to be telling her to pick her head up and be proud of her accomplishments. She may have been upset because I noticed that her mother was not there last night, they showed other family members and friends in the audience.

Really think the show has run its course!
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Sailor's reaction was a little over the top for me.  Val looked so embarrased.

@Bri369 I agree. Did I miss something that explains she was acting like a little girl? I get that she was disappointed, that is understandable. But she was overreacting, in my opinion.

@World Traveler 

she is 21 years old and thrown into a "spotlight" of sorts.

not all 21 year old women are mature enough to handle that scrutiny.

she was way over the top with her crying!

my guess is is that she has lived a sheltered life and has been protected from failure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein