Esteemed Contributor

To comment on Peta's appearance...ohmygosh, I had to laugh.  This is a mom!  I mean still beautiful and fabulous dancer and cleans up great for the ballroom but rather than showing up all put together looking great for the meet, looked like she threw on whatever was laying out and slipped her feet into the first shoes she found.  I don't mean that as a bash at all!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

New voting rules, notice that last night the puiblic was not allowed to vote, and from now on, the voting time will be more limited, especially for West Coast voters. I think it is due to the fiasco last season and who won, what a travesty that was. 

It will be interesting to see how the voting works.   If it's live voting with live results at the end of the show, that pretty much cuts all the west coast watchers unless you are just voting for your favorite rather than the best dancer.

Esteemed Contributor

Been trying to find where I read a few days ago something about when the west coast votes they'll actually be voting for the prior weeks dancers. Huh? I read it about 5 times trying to make sense of it, and that's all I remember. Am going to spend a little more time trying to find that article. If I do I'll post again.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu 

@bonnielu wrote:

How so politics for Sean Spicer?  He is a person, a contestant who deserves a chance. Over the years there have been contestants who I don't even know and have never heard of. And I am sure there are contestants that would not even like if I met them.... so what. Politics should not invade dance, my passion.

Well stated. Totally agree. 

Respected Contributor
Erin Andrews (guess she still uses this last name) was interviewing Gleb and his partner, when Gleb responded Erin immediately cut him off saying “I wasn’t talking to you”. I thought she was incredibly rude. Anyway on subject of professional dancers does anyone else feel they have been told to make an effort to keep a lower profile this season. I noticed in all the interviews they had very little to say. Almost did not recognize Emma with her new look!

On subject of Sean, noticed as of last night the video of his dance on YouTube had more views (close to 200k) then any of the other stars. May or may not mean anything in terms of his standing with viewers. Sort of feel for any of the pros who have to work with someone who has at least a foot difference in height, must be difficult.
Valued Contributor

I finally got a chance to see Monday's show. I think James was the best and Lamar was the worst.

Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars

[ Edited ]

Sean Spicer’s first appearance on the show was not about politics, it was about that shirt! Lol  I still tried to get excited about watching the show since it promised to be “ new and improved” after taking a break for a season...but as soon as I saw that Bobby Bones person there once again, schmoozing with Tom Bergeron, I knew nothing has changed. It is still a bogus, rigged show with very few true celebrities, and the never-ending behind-the-scenes drama...this time, Christie Brinkley’s broken arm. I hope Sean gets to stay on for a while because I admire his enthusiasm and his courage to even do the show....but I won’t be watching anymore. I did enjoy watching Mary Wilson. She is a true celebrity and icon imho.

Honored Contributor
I love Peta. She has a tough job ahead of her this season.
Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars

[ Edited ]
  • I won't be watching anyway,  but if they haven’t come up with a better voting system, they are going down in flames, ratings-wise.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I love Peta. She has a tough job ahead of her this season.

@lovesrecess  so agreed!