Honored Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars....SPORTS EDITION spring 2018

You know I actually enjoyed it last night. I think I may be the odd one out and really like the shortened version!!!! I think they all did a great job, well Kareem needs to loosen up a bit, but it may be very hard to do being over 7 feet tall, but I was surprised.I really like the Softball player with the 3 kids, she did a good job, and I like the 1st guy-can't remember his name, and of course the 2 Ice Skaters were very good......Adam, and Mirai......

So far I am enjoying it....

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45, Jenna was on So You Think You Can Dance a few seasons ago.  She's been on the "JV" squad (the dancers that dance during commercials or back up dance) for a couple of seasons--not long.  She has always been a favorite of mine.

Respected Contributor

I will say it, again. I hate that it is only 4 weeks.

I love Tom Bergeron & I like Erin Andrews just fine.

Tonya & Kareem were the only 2 people that I knew anything about. I don't follow any sports & I didn't watch the Olympics.

I missed Chris Mazdzer.

Jenny Finch Daigle was not very good, but I don't think it is totally her fault. 

I'm not really sure why Keo is a pro. He is an amazing dancer & I love to watch him dance, but he is awful as a pro partner. He just can't seem to connect with the stars. He can't choreograph to show off their strengths. 

Johnny Damon, bless his heart! Emma tried & they were cute, but that was the slowest version of Put Me In Coach that I have ever heard.

Jamie Anderson was okay & Artem is pretty.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar seems very nice, but that was a lot of dancing around him from Lindsey & the dancers.

I liked Arike Ogunbowale so much. Not a great dance with Gleb & she wasn't very comfortable, but I like her. I did not like Carrie Ann telling her that she HAD to wear heels. 

Tonya Harding was really very good & I enjoyed her dance. Sasha is really good about working with his partners. Aside from her old problems, she just isn't a very likeable person, but her dance was one of the better dances.

Mirai Nagasu. I think Alan Bersten is the most amazing dancer. Incredible. He moves like water. She was very good at dancing. Is she not very bright? Or just very immature? 

Josh Norman & Sharna! Wow! Sharna is one of the best pros & Josh was funny & cute & charming & can dance!

Adam Rippon & Jenna should have had 3 10s for that dance. That was pretty much a perfect performance. He was pretty cute, but maybe not as cute as HE thinks he is.

I split my votes between Adam, Mirai & Arike.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tonya really was very good last night and she is coming back. I give her credit with all the hate that people have for her she put it aside to come on the show. I think now in this day she is not the person she was years ago.  Tonya paid dearly for her mistakes. Lost so much. Now she is trying and I am sure she must have a hard time putting herself out there for everyone to judge her past. Of course I do not condone what she did but I do think she has paid the price and maybe just maybe a little compassion because I think she is trying to be a better person. Who am I to judge anyones  mistakes in life. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BettyNewbie wrote:

Kareem looked like he enjoyed himself...good for him

I thought he looked like Lurch from the Adams Family show.... it was painful to watch him. He is no dancer LOL!  An amazing person, and athlete, but dancer NO!

Honored Contributor

@Bri63 wrote:

I am fast forwarding through all the Tonya parts.  She should not be on DWTS.  

@Bri63  People have done much worse than Tonya in their lives and been forgiven. It was  23 years ago when this incident with the injury of  Nancy K. Tonya has payed her dues  for any  part she played in the incident. SHE has to live with what happened for the rest of her life like a prison in itself..... everyday.  She needs a chance  and he really seemed so very grateful for them letting her be on the show and giving her a chance. I saw a true beautiful sincerity in her face when the judges told her how well she did....  

Tonya is not my favorite person by any means, but,   everyone who interviews her says how  honest and nice she is to everyone in answering questions that will always haunt her.  She has grown up and changed with age.  We all do hopefully. 

Open your heart to someone just out of kindness... cheer her on.... it does not hurt you or take away from you at all.... but putting out that forgiveness to someone is just so beautiful and that good feeling spreads outward to do more good.

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv

what you said about tonya was very nicely stated. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

WOW......adam and jenna were GREAT!

i dont remember jenna as a pro dancer before....is she new or has not been on dwts very much?

Jenna was picked from the DWTS troupe to be a pro dancer a few seasons back but was eliminated early, I think the first round so this is only her second time as a pro dancer for the show. She's rumored to be dating Val. She's one of my favorties also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed the show much more than I thought I would.  I really liked the first guy, Chris, the luge guy.  I think they all did really well last night considering it was their first night.  The ice skaters were so far above because let's face it, their job is learning choreography and being able to move.  I know it's different from dancing, but as far as sports, there's a huge difference between being a basketball player or skiier and being an ice skater who just trained for and competed in the olympics and and then did a show tour in ice skating.  So their ability to do the tricks and pick up the choreography is no surprise.

Adam Rippon has been on a ton of shows since the Olympics and has a very entertaining personality, as does his friend, whose name escapes me.  

The seem to be, overall, a very likeable bunch this time.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom.  I agree about the ice skaters. Although I thought the football player Josh? Was just as good as Adam.