Esteemed Contributor

Re: dancing with the stars...11/14/16.....with spoilers

@jpie,

Spoiler
Thank you!!!!!  :-)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!...What a great night and it all turned out as it should!...Terra made it to the semi-finals so she should feel very good about that and the remaining couples all deserve to be in the Finals!...All of the couples in the Finals are my favorites!

I'm going to have to rest up for next week!...LOL

@sunshine45...Thanks for starting the thread tonight!...Hope to "see" everyone next week!

girl happy dance emoticon

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

It was a no brainer that Terra would go home tonight.  As she said, she is limited, so I am sure she did not think for a second that she would win.  She left her mark for little people though, and I watched this due to her, as I watch her Lifetime shows, and thoroughly enjoyed her dances.  I havn't watched much of Dancing with the Stars for years, but I knew quite a few of the contestants from tv, so tuned in.

Respected Contributor

I think I would be OK with any of the remaining folks winning.  They're all fairly evenly matched in terms of dancing skill/talent now

Honored Contributor

If you don't concentrate on Terra's size and just watch her body while she is dancing for proper form and content in the dances, it is quite obvious that she is every bit as good as the others.  She deserved the scores she got.  Saying she just got sympathy votes is ridiculous!!   Also saying  "Her partner basically carried her or spun her in one way or the other through most of the dance " seems discriminitory as the football player spun his partner around for a good part of one of his dances and he was praised.  It seems that it's all about looks for some watching!!  Every star has some things they either cannot do or are not good at and it is up to the pros to choreograph to their strengths.  Look at the girl who won with Derik who was plus size.  Derik couldn't throw her around like the other pros did with their partners but it didn't matter as she was just that good.  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

If you don't concentrate on Terra's size and just watch her body while she is dancing for proper form and content in the dances, it is quite obvious that she is every bit as good as the others.  She deserved the scores she got.  Saying she just got sympathy votes is ridiculous!!   Also saying  "Her partner basically carried her or spun her in one way or the other through most of the dance " seems discriminitory as the football player spun his partner around for a good part of one of his dances and he was praised.  It seems that it's all about looks for some watching!!  Every star has some things they either cannot do or are not good at and it is up to the pros to choreograph to their strengths.  Look at the girl who won with Derik who was plus size.  Derik couldn't throw her around like the other pros did with their partners but it didn't matter as she was just that good.  

Although I think the 4 couples left are the couples that should be in the finals, I think you are absolutely right with what you said, and Terra should be proud of herself for her accomplishments, she really was very good!!!!I am looking very forward to the finals! I think it is going to be between Laurie and James as to who wins it all! 

Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly, they always have 4 couples advance and then on the final night, one couple gets eliminated right away at the beginning of the show......Then the final 3 are there.....For a season that I thought was not going to be that great, I have really enjoyed it, and it exceeded my expectations!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think James should win because he never danced at all - even socially.  Jana took figure skating for many years and that involves dance, Laurie is a gymnast and that involves dance movents and Calvin, while having no real dance background is really not as good (although has had some great moments) as the others.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 - Dancing with the Stars is on both Monday and Tuesday next week.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I think James should win because he never danced at all - even socially.  Jana took figure skating for many years and that involves dance, Laurie is a gymnast and that involves dance movents and Calvin, while having no real dance background is really not as good (although has had some great moments) as the others.

I think James should win too, but I wouldn't be unhappy if Laurie wins, she is so likeable. But I agree that James with no dance experience is the reason this show is so successful.....I wouldn't be unhappy with any of the 4 winning, but I think James should win.......