Respected Contributor

comments on the Gilmore Girls reunion--all four episodes (SPOILERS)

[ Edited ]

I was basically disappointed in this series. Only one character shone: Emily.

First of all, I can't believe how Rory is even more childish than before. She has so much handed to her, but she wants even more. I certainly didn't enjoy having Logan re-appear. And now there's a child in the future?

Lorelai and Luke were essentially boring. What happened to the spark?

So much filler! Singers in the park (who disappeared after the first episode), a "musical," the way-too-extended escapade directed by Logan. . .Let's have scenes of importance with Lane, with Paris, with Jess.

As I said, though, I loved the scenes with Emily. She is the real talent in the piece.

What are your thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: comments on the Gilmore Girls reunion--all four episodes (SPOILERS)

My thoughts are that I am glad I did not miss much.  I started watching reruns of the Gilmore Girls long after it was over.  I would have watched this reunion if it were on a channel I could easily get.  So if it was not that great, I don't feel bad that I will likely never see it.  Thanks for the post!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

While I liked most of the old series, & was curious about the new, I'd have to say it was a waste of time for me.  I haven't thought about it at all since last weekend, when I watched it.  Lorelai looks old, & as a reviewer said, Rory's doings seem more suitable for a girl ten years younger.  It's bye- bye for me!

Esteemed Contributor

My thought is that they didn't need 6 hours to tell this story. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

so sad to hear all the negative comments. i was a huge fan. they obviously shouldn't have had a reunion. 

Honored Contributor

I think that expectations were so high that it couldn't help but disappoint.  I always thought that Rory was a spoiled princess, and she now knows what life is like without constant adulation. I did not like Logan and her relationship with him. All in all I was happy to see everyone and while it wasn't perfect, it was enjoyable to me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

That's why I never watch these reunion shows.  They are never the same.  You can't bring back something that's old and been gone that long. 

Respected Contributor

I was a big fan of the show so everyone expected me to be all excited about this.  I figured I would watch it, but wasn't all agog lol. Now I have read a bunch of spoilers (not here) and know all of the major things that happen, and I don't even care if I see it anymore.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was eagerly awaiting the reunion (had hoped for one for years!) and was also really disappointed.  I thought that Lorelai and Rory had become really unlikeable (especially Rory).

Rory is no longer kind.  I can see that she is going through something but, the change in her personality was very disturbing.   The forgetting the boyfriend was anything but amusing, as was the treatment of her client when she was writing the book.

And that scene with the two of them at the pool "fat shaming"- absolutely shameful!

I read somewhere that the woman troubador who ran away was Carole King's daughter : )

Would have loved to have seen more Jess and Sookie.  There was even too much Kirk!    Some of the "gags" went on forever : (

And the scenes with the Life and Death Brigade, don't even get me started.  

The whole thing was difficult to watch although the 4th episode was a little better.

I'm curious to read others' thoughts, too!  Thanks for starting this thread!

Respected Contributor

Of course I had to open this thread and read it all.  Lol. 

Now I am not looking forward to watching the reunion episodes when I get back home. I most likely will watch and fast forward the singing scenes. I don't expect much now. Thanks for all your reviews.