Valued Contributor

Re: comments on the Gilmore Girls reunion--all four episodes (SPOILERS)

I watched. Really enjoyed Emily's storyline.

Luke & Lorelai didn't seem to have much spark ~

Rory is just a very disagreeable character. A lot of these quirky people seemed to be overly impressed with themselves & her.

why? She was pretty mean for the most part. And I agree too that the forgotten Paul (boyfriend) joke got old real fast.

I feel like I stopped watching this show long before it was over and probably missed a season or two.

I got tired of the Gilmore Girls and thought they were just too precious for their own good.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I have to say that I'm one of the fans who was super excited for this mini series and, having watched, was really disappointed.

I agree that Rory was just plain unlikable (and I didn't used to think so).  I never liked Logan (and still don't) and I found their relationship bizarre.  I was surprised she was having a relationship with him, and with Pete or Paul or whatever his name was, and then the one night stand.  She was all over the place.  Seemed unlike something Rory would do.

I also found Luke and Lorelai boring. The spark was gone for sure.  And I agree with the posters who would have liked to see more Sookie and Jess.

My favorite thing about this show was that several of Lauren Graham's Parenthood co-stars appeared in it and I thought that was really fun and funny.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked it!  There there low spots...sure, but overall I loved seeing where these characters were 9 years later.  If they revived the series, I would watch it.  I love the dreamy way the L&DB and wedding scenes were filmed.  The surprise cameos were a hoot.  I agree that there was too much Kirk and not enough Sookie, but I understand why.

I felt we were seeing Rory at a most unhappy time in her life.  That's probably one reason she seems unlikeable.  Remember, she's never really found success in her profession, never found love other than her obsession with Logan and is dealing with loss of her beloved grandfather.  

I thought the forgotten boyfriend gag wasn't very funny and I hated the way they wrote Paris' storyline.  I need another miniseries so that they can put Paris and Rory in better life situations.  Plus, there were some threads left hanging.  Did the Stars Hollow Gazette close forever?  Who wrote the horrible birthday letter that Emily attributed to Lorelai?  Who is the father...Logan, Paul or other?

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched the first episode. I really enjoyed it. Had me laughing and had me in tears. Very typical Gilmore Girls.
Respected Contributor

Hated the lengthy filler musical numbers. It would have been better to make a 2 hr movie and make it tight and enjoyable. Wondering if all the characters had a contractual obligation to be in this. 

Seems they all return to Star's Hollow and becaome what they didn't want to. Laine isn't a rock star, Paris isn't a brilliant hot-shot whatever, Emily became a mothering free-spirit like her DD, Lorelei didn't want to be married to Luke (and vice-versa) and Rory surely didn't want to become her mother. Yet that's what it is.

Respected Contributor

I watched Winter episode last night and I liked this episode. I miss this show and it brought back the memories for me. I have low expectations about the rest of the episodes left. 

Respected Contributor

I watched all 4 episodes and was crying right along with Loreli and so glad she and Luke got married finally. I knew she would not be hiking in CA and at least she got her realization to mourn her father and tell Emily about her day with her father when she turned 13. I liked all the episodes and it just goes to show you they are stuck in a small town with circumstances beyond their control. Some of them don't change or better their lives because they don't know how.

Emily was the true bright star of this reunion episodes for sure! She grew the most in these episodes and her acting was superb! 

That said....there is no chemistry between Luke and Loreli. Rory is lost and needs to find her way. Being pregnant with Logan's baby will complicate her life. I figured out the timetable and there is no way she got pregnant from Paul or the wookie the one night stand as that was seasons ago. Rory is the biggest disappointment from these episodes as she has such low self esteem being with Logan who doesn't love her the way she deserves and never will. He cares more about his family money and his father than to marry Rory. She needs to grow up at age 32.

Glad Loreli is going to get the money from her mother to grow/expand the Dragonfly Inn. The scene with Sookie was too short and would have liked her more in the scenes. 

When Jessie looked back at Rory in the house when he was leaving you can see he has such love for her and it made me sad she doesn't feel the same way as he does.

Valued Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

That said....there is no chemistry between Luke and Loreli. Rory is lost and needs to find her way. Being pregnant with Logan's baby will complicate her life. I figured out the timetable and there is no way she got pregnant from Paul or the wookie the one night stand as that was seasons ago. Rory is the biggest disappointment from these episodes as she has such low self esteem being with Logan who doesn't love her the way she deserves and never will. He cares more about his family money and his father than to marry Rory. She needs to grow up at age 32.

------------------------

I was very disappointed in Rory in these episodes. She has a Yale education, and she's 32 years old and still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up! 

If I remember correctly in the last episode of the regular show Logan practically begged her to marry him and move to California with him.  She should have taken him up on it.  She could have still had her career if she wanted to.  You can't blame Logan for moving on after she rejected him - although I don't like that he was sleeping with Rory while engaged to someone else.  I really looked forward to these new shows, but I was disappointed in them. 

I always thought of Gilmore Girls as basically an uplifting show, but these episodes were so dark and depressing.

Respected Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

------------------------

I was very disappointed in Rory in these episodes. She has a Yale education, and she's 32 years old and still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up! 

If I remember correctly in the last episode of the regular show Logan practically begged her to marry him and move to California with him.  She should have taken him up on it.  She could have still had her career if she wanted to.  You can't blame Logan for moving on after she rejected him - although I don't like that he was sleeping with Rory while engaged to someone else.  I really looked forward to these new shows, but I was disappointed in them. 

I always thought of Gilmore Girls as basically an uplifting show, but these episodes were so dark and depressing.

@daisy4 I agree that Rory did nothing with her Yale degree and basically became a floater and has "no home" Her grandfather would have been disappointed also. These episodes were depressing I agree. I don't remember Logan wanting to marry Rory. It's been a long time since I watched the show. I laughed when they told Rory in Stars Hollow to be friends with the 30 something crowd that basically are doing nothing with their lives like Rory. She thinks she is nothing like them!

Honored Contributor

I finally watched them and I'm so glad that I didn't listen to all the complainers because I thought they were great. I did think they spend too much time on Emily and Richards death and I wish Sookie could have been in all 4 instead just that small part of the Fall movie. I was thrilled to see the Life and Death Brigade have their moment. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval