Honored Contributor

Re: chesapeake shores

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Never heard of that show.  What's it about?  What station?

@Annabellethecat66 it is on Sunday evenings on the Hallmark Channel.  Based on a book series written by Sherryl Woods.  I read some of the books so that is why I enjoy the show.  It's about a family with five adult children living on Chesapeake Bay.  They are somewhat wealthy, but have their share of love and losses.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with the poster who cant warm up to the Leigh character.  She seems so robotic.  Also  her eyebrows are such a distraction!!  They are way to dark for her and to thick.  When she is on I keep thinking “Groucho Marx”!!!!  

Respected Contributor

Nice to know that Meghan Ory is pregnant.  In comparison to the previous season I thought she had let herself go. The first season she was stunning.  She also wore stylish fitted clothing and this year just casual loose stuff.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

Nice to know that Meghan Ory is pregnant.  In comparison to the previous season I thought she had let herself go. The first season she was stunning.  She also wore stylish fitted clothing and this year just casual loose stuff.

DD and I have a game going - we count how many times they show "Abby" holding something in front of her stomach! Tonight they let their guard down, showing her from the side in a fishing vest - that was sticking WAY out! LOL! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

It's kind of funny to watch how the baby bump is being hidden. I've see a blanket, a cooler, a truck door and a lot of baggy clothes.  Regarding the show, this season didn't impress me. I wish Cedar Cove had stayed on.

Honored Contributor

This show barely holds my interest.  I'm not even sure why I'm still watching it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I am getting tired of this show.  First of all, I don't think that actor who plays Chase can sing at all.  Also, what is with those women?  Jess acts like a 12 year old.  The one who has the book shop also acts like a child. The grandmother always has these constant "words of wisdom" and it can be annoying at times.  The male characters (the brothers and father, also the guy who is the chef) are all terrific.  I don't know if I will continue with this show but it is getting to me a little childish to me.  I also like the sister with the children, at least she acts more mature.  

Honored Contributor

Unlike When Calls the Heart, there is no "story" each week that wraps up.  It's more like a soap opera that doesn't move.

We seem to get a big first show and last show of each season and nothing but dead air in between.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just received a very detailed survey from Hallmark about Chesapeake Shores.

They got a piece of my mind.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Ditto @VaBelle35Smiley Very Happy