Esteemed Contributor

Re: below deck mediterranean 2017 with spoilers and gossip

[ Edited ]

At this point I disagree that Capt Sandy has been too meddlesome. She's the one who has to accept the final responsibility when things go wrong. For example--last week when she went to Hannah and asked "Are you going to be able to met the deadline for the first charter," and Hannah's answer was no, she jumped in and did the entire room herself to help the interior crew. That was pretty awesome.

Then last night when the deck hands (mainly Bobby) were screwing up the lines, she wasn't just sitting up in her quarters complaining about it...she was right there to see what was going wrong and trying to make it a teachable moment. 

Like I said, I may change my mind later on in the season, but so far I think she's a pretty cool captain. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Did anyone catch last night's episode? I know it could change at any moment, but for now, I'm really liking Captain Sandy. She's super hands on--meaning she jumps in to help wherever it's needed and how nice was it of her to take the entire crew to dinner after their first charter? 

On the other hand I'm really not liking Bobby. I didn't really care for him last season but this season he's even worse. He acts like a someone who has only recently discovered that males and females are different genders and it's such an unflattering quality to see a grown man who is "girl crazy." He acts like he just got released from serving a 20 year prison term!

He really went after Hannah last night for getting in his way with Malia. I didn't actually see her showing an interest in him but maybe I missed it. What happened with Hannah and Malia's flirtation with each other was sort of confusing and I wonder if it wasn't a bit of Hannah trying to mess with Bobby more than she wanted to mess with Malia (if you get my drift, lol). 

So far I'm pretty much liking all the crew minus Bobby. Hannah is sort of on a wait and see approach until we see how she acts on future episodes.

I did see last night and I like Capt. Sandy more this episode. She is very friendly and kind. There is definitely a difference in male and female captains.

Bobby acts like he is in constant heat. He is so immature.

I am liking Hannah less. She comes off as hiding something IMO. I think she would jump in the sack with anything that had a pulse.

Am I the only one having difficulty understanding some of the new crew? The English/Aussie accents are going to take some getting use to for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON, no you're not alone in having trouble understanding them sometimes. It seems to be the worst when it's a voice over and I can't actually see them talking. The bosun, Wes, and one of the deck crew, Max, are the hardest for me to understand at times. 

Honored Contributor

As to this new chef - He came off to me, right out the gate, as a total and complete jerk (or other words I can't use here, one of which is short for Richard).  Smiley Wink

He seems like, among other things, a guy who hopes to bag every female he can while he has this gig.  blech

Valued Contributor

I can't stand Bobby and I miss Ben!  I do like Captain Sandy, that woman is not afraid to get her elbows dirty or of hard work, I like her work ethics. 

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Esteemed Contributor

Below Deck (original & Mediterranean) is my favorite show.  I've never been this hooked on a show since the original Dallas aired.  I'm really liking Captain Sandy and the fact that she's not afraid to pitch in and help.  Some of her "help" comes at inappropriate times, imho, but I still appreciate it.  I also loved that she took the crew out for dinner after the first charter.  You never saw Captains Lee and Mark do that or interact with the crew except for the party after the final charter.  

Last season I liked Bobby even though he said and did a few jerky things.  I do not like him this year at all.  Chef Adam (is that his name?) is OK so far but I picture him more as a stereotypical "surfer dude" than an accomplished chef.  I like Hannah.  She has her issues but, overall, I do like her.  Bugsy is a little whiny and Lauren is Ok so far.  I don't really notice the other three deckhands too much but Wes (Wis, Wiz, etc.  LOL) is adorable.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Is anybody still watching this?  Is there another thread?  (I will check after I finish this post.)  I started watching more than halfway through the season for the first time and now I'm going back to the beginning.  I like this show a lot more than the Housewives shows.  I've pretty much quit them...sick of the same old stories over and over.  Is the other Below Deck good, too?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm still watching and have enjoyed it.   Also watched the first season.   I liked the crew from season one better than this crew, although Hannah and Bobby have grown on me.

Don't like chef Adam and his attitude.  Malia shouldn;t have been made lead deckhand, IMO.

Love the  scenery and that beautiful yacht.

Never watched the original Below Deck.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the response, @twinsister.   As I have caught up on the series, not a huge fan of Malia.  She likes to play with the boys, which is fine in most situations at her age, but not when they are all right under each others' noses.  Bobby just has a huge ego and gets mad when everybody doesn't think as highly of him as he does.  Adam is just a jerk IMO.  Malia is just a girl wanting a fling whereas Adam is in a far different place in his life.  Do you know how old he is?  I am really sorry I wasn't watching to see Hannah and Bobby on WWHL.  I would've loved to have seen that.  I am going to give Below Deck a try when it starts.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

did not have a chance to watch it on on demand because i have been too busy catching up on OTHER shows on on demand. LOL

i am going to miss ben also. i wonder why they switched captains?

There have been 3 captains so far.

Captain Lee (Still the best!)

Captain Marc  (ugh!)

Captain Sandy (is growing on me!)