Honored Contributor

Re: anyone watch Doctor Who?

@LoriLori& @candys mine

TY Languages.png

If the new season has a regenerated Dr I may start watching again.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Mz iMac, @candys mine,  fyi, MizImac, I think in the original series Gallifrey was gone?  And then in the 50th anniversary show it turned out it's not gone at all.  That ties into this in ways I don't understand LOL (but the 50th anniversary, with Tennant and Matt Smith and John Hurt as the War Doctor, is terrific!).

That episode knocked it out of the park and I loved Hurt's Doctor. I'm sad we lost him this year - what a great actor.

Honored Contributor

OMG, @ChynnaBlue, I did not know he died.  I'm sad. 

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Plaid Pants2, @sueinsf, they're running the episodes in order again on BBC America.  Four per day Monday-Thursday. 

@sueinsf, to understand River Song in all her richness, and her relationship with the Doctor (avoiding spoilers here), you have to watch Matt Smith with Amy and Rory.  It plays out over a long arc.  It starts in season five with Smith's first episode, "The Eleventh Hour."  It will be time consuming but rewarding!

Alex Kingston and Matt Smith had mad chemistry over the years, and I loved how she and Clara both were thrown by Capaldi's older appearance and had to adjust to it.

@LoriLori  I'll try and get to those episodes.  I did see the end of the arc on Amy and Rory in the only Matt Smith episode I saw.  And it might also have been the episode where River sees Capaldi as the Doctor for the first time??

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf, River is the doctor's wife and as for the rest of her identity her story takes place in season 5 and season 6, it takes two years to unfold.  You already saw a very big spoiler in "The Angels Take Manhattan" but I'm not sure you picked up on it so I'm putting it in a spoiler box.  Don't read it if you have time to watch the episodes, they are so good!

Spoiler
She is the daughter of Amy and Rory, conceived in the Tardis on their wedding night, so she is half Time Lord.