Honored Contributor

I had a very hard time adjusting to Capaldi (as I did to Matt Smith) and now I LOVE him.  

Yesterday when I put my sunglasses on I thought of him LOL!  Love the sonic sunglasses and the guitar that Capaldi really plays.  And when they went there with the Pompei episode and he remembered why he chose that face, wow.

I don't like some of the stories this season but I love him. 

Honored Contributor

Re: anyone watch Doctor Who?

I watch it. I'm a couple of weeks behind right now, but hopefully I'll be catching up tonight. Sad to say I watched it from the old black and white shows on PBS all the way up to the modern ones. It's a good series. I must say I love his latest companion. Jenna-Louise Coleman is quite impressive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I can't understand it.  I tried watching it over and over.

However, my granddaughter and her friends love, love him.  For Christmas I had to get her a Dr. Who sweatshirt (some neat things there).

My youngest daughter (35) likes him and has been a fan since day one.  

His fans are legendary.  I like loyalty.

Honored Contributor

Lori, I think you've said exactly what I've been feeling this season.

I really like Capaldi the actor, but didn't easily adjust to him as The Doctor. But yes, the moment where he remembered why he chose "this face" was really powerful. I also enjoyed the season premier where he came out playing his guitar while riding on a tank. I'm enjoying him much more this season than last.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Sorry for the blank box.  Timey-wimey!

@gardenman, why is it "sad" you've watched it since day one?  I wish I had!  They've been running old John Pertwee (?) episodes on Sundays and a dear friend suggested I watch them but they seemed hopelessly dated to me.  I wish I had seen them when they aired!...You have a lot of great stuff to catch up on!  And I love Clara too.  I've only seen the companions since the reboot but she's my favorite, even more than Rose.

@Annabellethecat66, I don't understand bunches of it but I still love it.  When I type that it seems to make no sense but I love it.  Some this season I have gone on line the next day to make sense of it, but somehow I still love it, LOL. 

@ChynnaBlue, right?  It's different because I was (and still am) so attracted to Tennant and in a different way to Smith.  Capaldi, my appreciation of him comes strictly from his acting and not any attraction and it's a different experience of a doctor for me and this season I'm loving it.  Great writing this season even if I still don't understand the Zygon Inversion LOL.

Honored Contributor

Lori, I stopped trying to figure out why I like this or that show.

Look, you're talking/typing with someone (an almost 69) year old grandma of 8 who loves, loves the movie "Alien vs Predator".  Go figure!

My late husband loved Disney movies!  He'd say, "I don't know about you".  I say, "But you love it?"  He'd say, "Might as well".  Ha!

We just go with the flo, right Lori.  Life's too short to stress.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I have a friend with a miniature TARDIS.  You may not know what that is but it is a cool gift if you're looking for one and not hard to find.  Some Jammie Dodgers (which happen to be my favorite cookies as well as Dr. Who's LOL) and a TARDIS = great gift!!!!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, right?  It's different because I was (and still am) so attracted to Tennant and in a different way to Smith.  Capaldi, my appreciation of him comes strictly from his acting and not any attraction and it's a different experience of a doctor for me and this season I'm loving it.  Great writing this season even if I still don't understand the Zygon Inversion LOL.

Ten will always be Number One to me. Smiley Happy

The Zygon thing was kind of a mind blow. I would have enjoyed it more if the Zygons weren't the most ridiculous looking aliens since anything seen on the Original Star Trek. Wow. I was more afraid of the low, low SFX budget than the Zygons.

Honored Contributor

If anyone's looking for Dr. Who merchandise then the Signals and Wireless catalogs and online shops are hard to beat. They're two of my favorite catalogs, but they're more of a luxury catalog in that they have nothing you 'need' but lots and lots of stuff you want. You may not know you want it until you see it, but those catalogs are filled with stuff you'll want. I could easily spend thousands in each catalog and get nothing I need.

I'll soon be 57 years old and I've watched Dr. Who for most of those years with hundreds of episodes clogging up my poor old brain. It's always been a good series.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!