Frequent Contributor

Re: any reviews of "The Greatest Showman?

I saw it today, and it was fantastic! Very entertaining. After I got home, I googled P.T. Barnum and Jenny Lind. Both were bigger than life during their hey-days. I highly recommend this movie!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Occasional Contributor

I am more of a lurker (to read up on latest beauty finds etc) but I was complelled to post about this amazing movie (and I have never posted before). Not to give a long drawn out story but my Dad unexpectedly died this year (I am in my 30’s and he was only in his 60’s) and I can honestly say that this movie has brought me tremendous joy when nothing could really lift me out of my depression. The dancing, the music and the wonderful High Jackman. I just cannot say enough wonderful things about this movie. Please do yourself a favor and see it. I have seen it multiple times and expect to be seeing it a few more times. Also, the soundtrack is incredible. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Zoe1833 wrote:

I am more of a lurker (to read up on latest beauty finds etc) but I was complelled to post about this amazing movie (and I have never posted before). Not to give a long drawn out story but my Dad unexpectedly died this year (I am in my 30’s and he was only in his 60’s) and I can honestly say that this movie has brought me tremendous joy when nothing could really lift me out of my depression. The dancing, the music and the wonderful High Jackman. I just cannot say enough wonderful things about this movie. Please do yourself a favor and see it. I have seen it multiple times and expect to be seeing it a few more times. Also, the soundtrack is incredible. Thank you!

@Zoe1833  I'm very sorry for your loss.  Likewise, I was in my 30's and my dad in his 60's when he passed away nearly 30 yrs. ago.  Life does go on and we find a way to manage, but we always miss them and wish things could have been different.  I especially regret that my kids missed out on knowing him.  I'm glad the film was able to provide you with something to find joy in after spending a season in depression.  Hang in there.

Regular Contributor

Hubby and I went to  see this movie New Year's Eve.  I must stay that I do not really care for musicals BUT this was a very enjoyable movie!  I came out of the theatre singing!! We think we need to get the sound track and also purchase the movie when the DVD is available.  We both felt it was well done - there were touching moments and there were times we laughed.  Very entertaining.

Occasional Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch Thank you.  I’m sorry to hear that your kids missed out knowing your father.  Have a great day and stay warm if you are in a cold climate. 

Respected Contributor

@Zoe1833  thank you for your thoughts.  so glad that something brought - and continues to bring - you joy after what you have been through.  it made your opinion even more meaningful.  i hope better days lie ahead for you in 2018.  

Occasional Contributor

@ms traditional Thank you for your kind words.