Esteemed Contributor

any fans of Windy City Rehab?

Any other fans?

I'm suburban Chicago & I remember Alison way back from Kitchen Crashers.

I always enjoy this type of show. 

So far I like this new season.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: any fans of Windy City Rehab?

I watched one episode where she painted a beautiful Chicago brick townhouse black.

Yep, beautiful turn of the century Chicago brick exterior now glossy black brick. She wanted to make a statement. She did.

I don't watch flipper shows any more.

Trusted Contributor

I liked last night's program - he was able to get that unbelievable apartment on the Gold Coast for $500,000.00?  I know it was in shambles and needed a lot of work but that purchase price was surprising.  

Respected Contributor

I watch regularly but I am liking it less and less.  Her renos all look the same and I could care less about her personal life.

Esteemed Contributor

I love her historic renos. I am learning a lot about old Chicago decor. She modernizes, but doesn't lose the historic charm. I haven't seen many of the new shows since the demise of the Allison/Donovan partnership. I hope she is able to bounce back after the mess their company ended up in. I never really cared for him, but I didn't think he would drag her into his own disaster, since he was in charge of construction and she was in charge of design. I wish her well with her own venture. I'm impressed with her determination and creativity.

Respected Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

I liked last night's program - he was able to get that unbelievable apartment on the Gold Coast for $500,000.00?  I know it was in shambles and needed a lot of work but that purchase price was surprising.  

I saw this as well. I wonder if this was in 2020 or early 2021 when everyone was exiting Chicago for the suburbs. My friend picked up a condo in the Gold Coast during that time for a song.  

Respected Contributor

• I used to watch. But after she was sued by some of the buyers for shoddy work and had to pay damages, I stopped. 

• Plus, I no longer have much interest in rehab shows.
Super Contributor

Not me. Never cared for her style.

Contributor

I do have to admire her for being a strong, confident woman.  She has been through a lot with her former business partnership and I don't think I ever saw an episode where she  said she ended up making any profit but she was always sure her investors were paid back.

I'm not sure what the concept is for these newer episodes, if she is still flipping properties or if she is designing for clients now.  If I could afford a designer I don't think she would be my pick.

Trusted Contributor

Love it!  Of course I'm a captive audience since I watch it while I'm on the treadmill.  But I really like her style!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney