Honored Contributor

american idol .... season 21 winter/spring 2023

american idol, season 21 begins tonight!

auditions in new orleans, las vegas, and nashville.

who will be watching?

i am looking forward to the new season.

sunday, 2/19/2023 8-10pm et.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: american idol .... season 21 winter/spring 2023

DH and I have it in the DVR to record.  We'll watch and hope for a good season.

Just hoping that it doesn't concentrate on the judges; rather focus on the contestants which is why we stopped watching the 
Voice.

Thanks for the reminder.

Esteemed Contributor

I record it too, so I can just fast forward past all the silly stuff.

They found some amazing talent tonight.

Honored Contributor

beautiful tribute to willie spence!

definitely some tearful, heartfelt moments tonight.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

It was a beautiful tribute to Willie. So young, my heart goes out to his family, and friends.

Respected Contributor

I'm still a fan of the show too.

I missed it last night but will stream it On Demand if I can find it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am SO OVER this show. Hate the acting.. the god awful judges and their antics.....the emotional sob stories they about the contestants......it is so set up for DRAMA.  

Everyone thinks they can sing... this show parallels to America's Got Talent...,so stupid as well... not. Talent...circus acts...

Reminds me of the show Laugh In years ago.....  or HEW HAW....TV for the simple minded entertaining brainless viewer... guess there is a lot of those viewers out there otherwise it would not be so popular.   Maybe the same audiences are watching this American Idol show?

Honored Contributor

I thought one of the best parts was when Lauren Daigle came over from a performance she was doing at, I believe, a nightclub nearby in Las Vegas. She joined the contestant singing her song, You Say. That song is one of my favorites. I can listen to it over and over. I enjoyed the show and think talent wise, it will be a good one.

~H~
Trusted Contributor

I guess I'm one of the brainless viewers. I love AI and AGT. I don't enjoy all things on them so I record and ff over the parts I'm not interested in. Enjoyed the show last night, especially where Lauren Daigle was on. Love her and her music.

Honored Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

I guess I'm one of the brainless viewers. I love AI and AGT. I don't enjoy all things on them so I record and ff over the parts I'm not interested in. Enjoyed the show last night, especially where Lauren Daigle was on. Love her and her music.

@Renata22 

LOL, i am also a member of the "simple minded brainless viewer" club.

i enjoy hearing good undiscovered talent and i dont mind hearing their backstories either.