Honored Contributor

It really doesn't matter because the other act will be headlining in Las Vegas very quickly.

I used to think the entire purpose of the show was to find 'different' acts that otherwise wouldn't be presented on TV in competition.  I think I posted here where on Entertainment Weekly radio they often talk about how this show has become so much about presenting singers.  They even asked the Producer about it when he was recently interviewed.  I posted his response to these questions.

I also heard (again on EW radio) that "The Voice" is going to lower the age they accept contestants.  I guess we're eventually going to have children on every show.

I used to love, love "So you think you can dance" but I only watched the first few shows and never went back.  I liked the way the adults (when they danced) showed such intensive dance styles.  There were times when I sat and cried because I could 'feel' their pain and whole range of emotions.  Children are too young to have experienced most of these feelings.  I just didn't like the direction of the show, so I did what I'm always telling others to do...I changed the channel.

I'm once again trailing off subject....I didn't think she sang that good.  She was good, she was cute but compared to some of the others I don't think she should have won.  But what do I know....I was always in chorus in high school but I think that was kindness on my teacher's part.  Ha!

Respected Contributor

She became an "internet sensation" so that's why she won.

I was shocked, I too couldn't understand her words other then something like I don't know your name, maybe that was it but she shows how strong social media is.

The million dollars is paid over 40 years, you needed to read the small print and that's what America needs with all the tween/teen children out there, someone they can relate to...there isn't anyone now....everyone has gotten older.  The boy/girl bands are all grown up and gone, no one until now is there a star...that little girl just captured the hearts of the you tube followers.

Respected Contributor

I like the whole idea behind AGT, but there are too many singers. Here's a thought -  how about an AGT for Non-singers (acts) and an AGT for Singers. 

I agree with the others that said they couldn't understand what Grace was singing. I couldn't either. Grace and the other singers stand there and sing a song. Anyone can strum a ukulele (remember Arthur Godfrey/Tiny Tim). I will give her credit for writing her own songs, although the melodies sounded the same to me each week.

And when I look at what some of the others had to do each week, i.e. the magician, the clairvoyants, the juggler, even Tape Face to change up their acts each week, that involved imagination, preciseness and creativity. The complexity between the two forms of entertainment -"acts" vs. singing isn't even close.

Sorry, but I think America got it wrong with Grace winning. She's a sweet little girl but not a Vegas act. Maybe in about 10 years she might be....

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Trusted Contributor

I liked her a lot. loved that her voice and singing style was kinda unusual. also, that she wrote her own songs and played an instrument that's not commonly played imo. but, I didn't think she'd win because I felt it wasn't really a show worthy of Vegas. you think of big showy productions in that city. 

there have been a couple of winners on American Idol that America voted for, just because they were different, but after that show, they weren't very successful. I hope this girl doesn't go that way. I wish her luck.

Respected Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

I like the whole idea behind AGT, but there are too many singers. Here's a thought -  how about an AGT for Non-singers (acts) and an AGT for Singers. 

I agree with the others that said they couldn't understand what Grace was singing. I couldn't either. Grace and the other singers stand there and sing a song. Anyone can strum a ukulele (remember Arthur Godfrey/Tiny Tim). I will give her credit for writing her own songs, although the melodies sounded the same to me each week.

And when I look at what some of the others had to do each week, i.e. the magician, the clairvoyants, the juggler, even Tape Face to change up their acts each week, that involved imagination, preciseness and creativity. The complexity between the two forms of entertainment -"acts" vs. singing isn't even close.

Sorry, but I think America got it wrong with Grace winning. She's a sweet little girl but not a Vegas act. Maybe in about 10 years she might be....

@lainey1, IMO, you hit the nail on the head.  Everything you wrote is exactly 100% my feelings  on it.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I knew she would win.  Simon said she's the next Taylor Swift.  I don't get her voice either.  I wouldn't pay to go see her and I live in the Las Vegas area.  I thought Brian Justin Crum would place in the top three.

What is sad is that Taylor Swift is nothing more than an entertainer.  She is not a great singer. She puts on a great show. But the actual singing is not great. 

Super Contributor

I agree with you OP.  SHE isn't that good and at least 3 other contestants deserved to win!

QVC Customer Care

Re: agt another Howie Mandel freak act. Two years ago ge gave us the stuttering fool. when will agt

Regular Contributor

with 5 singers in the final 10 I thought they would all cancel each other out and based on the very close finish between the final 2 acts that almost happened. Grace squeaked by with her hoarse voice.Ditto that no matter how hard I strained to hear the words I could never make them out.  Each of the singers represented a totally different genre so that helped keep it entertaining but she certainly was the most unique. If America would vote based on a Vegas act Grace or the opera singer wouldn't make it to the end. I loved the last few performances of the contortionist but she too was kind of young for Vegas. The Clairvoyants will go far there. Really laughed at tape face. He is a wonderful mime and should do well there too & probably has barely tapped into all his creativity yet. Linkin Bridge was my sentimental favorite and Brian and Sal were awesome.I did see Viktor drop one of the balls while he was almost sitting on the floor but he quickly scooped it up. Great sleight of hand there.

Honored Contributor

I was pulling for The Clairvoyants to win.  I was sorry that Linkin' Bridge wasn't in the final two.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau