Regular Contributor

What channel with xfinity (Comcast) can I get POP on?? I called Comcast (asking for a listing and never received it) for some information and it took forever but did get a response. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to ask for this kind of info!

"You never know when the last time will be the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ? again about TV channel!!

If you go to this website and type in your address, it will generate a channel lineup in your area: http://www.comcast.com/Customers/Clu/ChannelLineup.ashx
Honored Contributor

Here in MD, our Comcast channel number for POP is 100

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your post. Do you still need to find that channel? Every cable company's channels are different in different areas. Can you not use your remote to scroll through your cable guide to find that channel?

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why my post was deleted from this thread. I didn't say anything bad.

I just said that the POP channel is the channel that used to be the TVGuide channel. I figured that would be helpful.

Honored Contributor

chicken, that happens to me all of the time. It's either webbies (and I know for a fact) that they do watch the posts, mostly it's words that trigger the deletion (or calls attention to the post). My late husband owned a computer company but was also a Systems Analyst.

He designed all of the computer code (he and the company he owned) for the FAA back in the 80's and 90's. He'd say programmers sometimes out of boredom put different things into the program. He never did because he owned the company. Even back then I'd get frustrated about things and he'd say (hummm.....sounds like a programmer who is bored and put something in the code.

My favorite thing (being facetious) is when I type these long bla blas (like I always do) and push 'submit' and it all disappears.

I agree with Shellbell, I live in Northern Va and have Comcast and it's channel 100 which is not HD.

Honored Contributor

Usually every channel also comes in HD. For instance I can get QVC on 806, 6 (not HD), but 806 is in HD.

Maybe someone more savy can tell you.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised there isn't a cable guide (on screen) with that cable co., or a list of channels available in a given market on their website. I use Tivo, so I have a Tivo guide but when I'm on one of the little TVs without Tivo I can just hit 'guide' on the cable remote and it gives me the channels I can scroll through. I just wish you could remove the ones you don't want to have to scroll through, like I can do with my Tivos. So many channels these days, that it's nice to be able to 'uncheck' anything that I don't want in my scroll.

Whenever I've heard of a channel with which I'm unfamiliar and cannot find it by scrolling through the guide I just go onto the website of the cable co and there is always a choice to find out the channels available in my market (probably punch in my zip code, but that's as complicated as it gets).

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the links and information and I did find POP for our area is on 100!

""You never know when the last time will be the last time.""

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

I was just going to tell you it is POP. I have comcast and like I said they changed many of their stations.

If you need help, let me know. I'll TRY to help you. I know how frustrating it is.