Respected Contributor

? about Highwaymen on Netflix

DH and I watched last night and enjoyed it. I never cared to watch other movies of Bonnie and Clyde. I do not like most productions that glamourize killers. But enjoyed this .Good actors helped. I especially enjoyed the exchange between Clydes's father  and the Texas ranger. 

I was partially out of the room when there was a card game with Woody Harrleson's character using a term/word that I could not understand (spanish ?) sounded like " mono cebruis " (sp?) . It was something he said I think when he captured someone ??  I have googled everything I can think of , asked Alexa (she hasn't a clue ) went to IMBD. 

Just wondering if anyone here knows.

I guess I could go back and watch the scene , but not inclined to. It is 'bugging ' me. Help .

Regular Contributor

Re: ? about Highwaymen on Netflix

I just watched the movie yesterday...It means something like hands up or put your hands up.  He was describing the first time he and Poncho killed people.  I believe it was said again at the end of the movie.  Hope this helps! 

Respected Contributor

@AFWIFE Heart TY!  googled 'hands up' in Spanish = manos arriba. Even Alexa knew that. 

Whew! now my little brain can let that go Woman Very Happy

Regular Contributor

I get it!  My brain won't stop until I know answers!  I really liked the movie...

Honored Contributor

It's on my list to watch, great actors Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson!