Honored Contributor

Zachary Scott and Bruce Bennett

Was watching the movie "Danger Signal". And who do I see teamed up again? Zachary Scott and  Bruce Bennett. They appeared together in "Mildred Pierce" in the year 1945.

Zachary Scott was Monty Beragon in "Mildred Pierce". And Bruce Bennett was Bert Pierce. Zachary Scott plays a sleazy character in "Danger Signal".

Before the credits were shown for "Danger Signal' the name Turner appeared across the screen. So I am pretty sure Movies! channel has some sort of agreement with Turner Classic Movies.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Zachary Scott and Bruce Bennett

OFF TOPIC

The word Zachari in Greek means sugar in English, so there you go, you learned a new Greek word. 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla--  I like both of those actors, especially Zachary Scott, but also stalwart Bruce Bennet too.  He was Joan Crawford's attorney in "Sudden Fear", one of the few who saw right through evil Jack Palance. 

I'm thinking they both (ZS and BB) must have been under contract to Warner Brothers-- for some reason I'm associating them with that studio, but could be wrong...

@Dinaki,  thank you for increasing my Greek! 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@drizzellla--  I like both of those actors, especially Zachary Scott, but also stalwart Bruce Bennet too.  He was Joan Crawford's attorney in "Sudden Fear", one of the few who saw right through evil Jack Palance. 

I'm thinking they both (ZS and BB) must have been under contract to Warner Brothers-- for some reason I'm associating them with that studio, but could be wrong...

@Dinaki,  thank you for increasing my Greek! 

Oznell you are right. Both were associated with Warner Bros.

I could not believe all the movies Bruce Bennet was in - "The More the Merrier", "A Stolen Life", "Angels in the Outfield". He had 151 credits.

And he lived to be 100 years old.

I got caught up today in Noir Thursday I started by watching "Crossroads" and just went from there.