Honored Contributor

I just thought she was the most beautiful woman!  I was truthfully envious of her looks --- I thought she was angelic looking -  almost etheral!  Sad to lose another unique and lovely woman and actor.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@Judaline - If you Google her, there is a fairly recent picture.  She was still attractive, but didn't look like she had any work done.

Connie Francis was the perfect one to  sing that song - love it!  She is still alive,along with the other two actresses - Paula Prentiss and Dolores Hart.

Edited to add -There is a video on YouTube of Yvette skydiving in January 2021.  She looks fantastic!

twin, all the later pics, (not real late) look like she had stopped wearing make up of any kind. A free spirit  maybe. She was who she was. 

Honored Contributor

I also think she was in the film,"Light in the Piazza". That was a great film and a little new for its time.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Yvette Mimieux

[ Edited ]

I think she was in Under the Yum Yum Tree with Jack Lemon, and Richard Chamberlain in Come Saturday Morning.  At least the song was in the movie the two of them were in. She was just beautiful.  Another sad loss.  Time Machine, came to mind first though.

Edit: Carole Linley was was in the movie w/Jack Lemon.  My booboo.

Thanks to the next post about Joy in the Morning.

The Black Hole is the other one I remember her in.

Honored Contributor

Re: Yvette Mimieux

[ Edited ]

She was also in Joy in the Morning with Richard Chamberlain, the 2 had been such a huge hit in Tiger, Tiger, they were cast to be together in this film after. In Tiger, Tiger she played an epileptic who refused to give up surfing, you can figure out how this ends. She is the first one of the Where the Boys Are girls stars to pass away, 

Honored Contributor

She was married at one time to Stanley Donen, famed movie director. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

She was also in Joy in the Morning with Richard Chamberlain, the 2 had been such a huge hit in Tiger, Tiger, they were cast to be together in this film after. In Tiger, Tiger she played an epileptic who refused to give up surfing, you can figure out how this ends. She is the first one of the Where the Boys Are girls stars to pass away, 

I remember the Tiger, Tiger episode very well.  I watched Dr. Kildare every week, but that is the only episode I remember!

Respected Contributor

I remember seeing her in the movie "The Neptune Factor" with Walter Pidgeon.  She was a wonderful actress and beautiful lady.

Honored Contributor

My favorite movie of her was Hit Lady.  She plays an assassin. 

The movie is on YouTube.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Another one of her films I liked was Skyjacked about a plane being hijacked from 1972, also stars Charlton Heston and James Brolin. Yvette was a lovely young flight attendant.