Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@gardenmanI discovered jazzybum a couple months ago.  I thinks she's adorable and she cracks me up because she's so goofy.

I also like Vivian Tries.  She tests As Seen on TV products and stuff from dollar stores.  She's always making herself crack up which makes me laugh.  Just a warning, though, she uses foul language and blue humor.

Jazzybum popped up as a suggestion on YouTube, so I gave her a watch and she is truly adorable. She has three channels, jazzybum, jazzy vlogs, and just jazz. I've now watched all of her videos.I

I'm always getting new recommendations and Laurdiy was a new one that I'm just now starting to watch. I just watched her arm knitting (literally using her arms as knitting needles) a blanket for her dog. I'll have to look up Vivian Tries.

If you haven't watched bon appetit's test kitchen videos I'd highly recommend them. Claire Saffitz tries to recreate gourmet versions of junk food/candy, often failing miserably in Gourmet Makes. Brad Leone in It's Alive deals with fermented foods. The editors have a lot of fun with Brad. Molly Baz gets unusual challenges handed to her. One recently involved cooking with ostrich eggs. I used to subscribe to bon appetit magazine, but found it a bit high brow and stuffy. The shows are anything but highbrow. There's a bon appetit app for Roku that makes it easier to find the shows, but they have many more commercials on the app than on YouTube. Go figure. There is one stuffier cook who's a "super taster" in Chris Morocco, and they have him try to recreate dishes that they present to him blindfolded. It's kind of fun to watch his stumbles as he tries to figure out what to make by just taste and feel.

YouTube is my goto when I have time to kill. The bad thing is I'll sit down to kill a half hour and four hours later get back up.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

My husband LOVES youtube and tries to get me to watch the stuff he finds.  

I only go to youtube when I'm looking to see how something is done or how to fix something.

Respected Contributor

I've been listening to music and watching some vintage music videos. My BFF & I have made some music playlists for each other. I love the cooking videos, but they also make me hungry Lol.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919  Forgot to mention one other channel and that is Modern World. It's all art related, whether it's painting, creating, or my favorite, making artistic, beautiful desserts. It's amazing to watch these pastry chefs create edible works of art. Some people are so creative and talented. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Thank you for responding everybody, I am going to check your suggestions out.  So many cool things you all have mentionedSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I searched out "best hikes" on the tube (since we can't go on one) and spent hours checking out and planing the beautiful hikes we will be taking in the future.

Honored Contributor

One of the interesting things I've noticed is how similar the backgrounds are on many of the YouTube channels I've been watching lately. Many have clear twinkle lights on the white wall behind them and the area behind them is largely filled with pastel-colored pillows and artwork. They could all be copying one another, or they could all be managed by an agent or representatives of some sort who "suggest" the background to them.

Many seem to live in very, very nice houses also. Arguably nicer houses than people their age could typically afford. I'm starting to think many of our YouTubers are more paid actors than "real people." Many of the British girls I've been watching interact with one another and appear on each other's channels also. I suspect there are now YouTube managers who do much of the off-camera work and pay the women a salary for being on-camera personalities.  

And sure enough, a quick search reveals YouTube has "Partner Managers" who work with YouTubers to enhance their channels. Interesting. I'm guessing they "suggest" the twinkle lights and other common features we see. They also likely suggest visiting other YouTubers on their channels. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm just dusting off this old thread to post about a YouTuber I've been recommended who I'm really enjoying. Her channel is rachhloves and she does some really fun and interesting things in the kitchen. She posts new videos every Saturday. I find her quite funny and entertaining. If you get bored anytime, give her channel a look.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I watch YouTube all day long. Endless topics and personalities. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Occasional Contributor

I also am a dachshund devotee and will watch anything about Doxies.