Respected Contributor

Re: Your "Default" Evenings?

Hallmark Mysteries (Diagnosis Murder, Murder She Wrote), Frasier, The Nanny, Seinfeld, Ray Romano, King of Queens, Andy Griffith Show, The Waltons, Happy Days, The Jeffersons, All in the Family, Laverne & Shirley.

Honored Contributor

Criminal Minds or Law and Order SVU. I don't do sitcoms either!

Honored Contributor

The ID channel.

Respected Contributor

Murder, She Wrote,  Diagnosis Murder and Frasier.   Lately I've been tuning in to the original Magnum P.I.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  I’m with you, not into sitcoms, at all. 

Anything i watch has been recorded so that i can skip commercials. 

Husband and i have been watching Alone on the History channel and Naked and Afraid XL version on Discovery, I think. I try to find a movie now and then that we can both watch. 

I watch several different things on Fox News.  And @oznell, I record Tucker each night he’s on. 👍

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bfdrew, "Grantchester" has been on PBS for several years, and is basically a detective show. It's extremely well-done! However, there are only a handful of episodes per year. 

I loved the shows featuring the original curate. Then he left, so an episode was shown that featured him as a no-good type who fell in love very suddenly with a woman and her cause and he followed her away (totally unbelievable. . .he'd been involved with a couple others for some time, but those relationships were abandoned).

Anyway, I love the new curate (he's only been on a couple seasons.) Other ongoing plots are wonderful.

What I would suggest is getting the most recent programs on DVD from your local library (if this is possible). Otherwise, I would just start watching the program now (I'm sure we've seen most of the shows already: these seasons are very slight).

(P.S. I think the the word I used--"curate"--is correct, although it might be "vicar"--a gap in my education!)

Respected Contributor

Midsomer Murders, HGTV, Bravo

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I have Comcast so if I can't find anything, I go to On Demand and select a movie.  I can say I pay enough for that luxury.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG   I have Comcast so if I can't find anything, I go to On Demand and select a movie.  I can say I pay enough for that luxury.

@Katcat1 Sounds good.  We have Netflix on demand, but I just don't think of it.