Trusted Contributor

Re: Your favorite movie that no one's probably heard of?

Oh my goodness-I hadn't even read this when I wrote down that movie-I'm so surprised that someone else mentioned itSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My Favorite Year was a good one!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

@ritasNo1Fan

Is that really the Park Theater you are talking about?

I live in the East Bay and used to love going to the Park often.  So sad when it shut down in 2005.

So sad about the Dome, too.  I hope Orinda doesn't fall prey to the same fate.  

Yes, @GingerPeach, it is the Park Theater in Lafayette! Smiley Happy I'm so excited that two people recognize it! Almost no one I run into knows of Lafayette, CA. When people ask me where I'm from, I usually say "The San Francisco East Bay," as everyone has heard of San Francisco.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

How nice!  So glad to meet a fellow local person.

I read an amusing comment years ago about Lafayette in the CC Times that Lafayette was semi-rural:  half horses and half Mercedes!  

It's not that way any longer, but I will always remember that comment.

If you come home again for Christmas, would love to have a quick cup of coffee with you, and any other local posters.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

How nice!  So glad to meet a fellow local person.

I read an amusing comment years ago about Lafayette in the CC Times that Lafayette was semi-rural:  half horses and half Mercedes!  

It's not that way any longer, but I will always remember that comment.

If you come home again for Christmas, would love to have a quick cup of coffee with you, and any other local posters.

Ha, now Lafayette is maybe half Mercedes and half Prius, I think! My best friend in high school did have horses in her Lafayette yard and when I was maybe 8 or 10, I took riding lessons and the long-closed Buckeye Ranch. Aside from that, I didn't see any horses in Lafayette. Smiley Happy

I do plan to come home for Christmas and will try to remember to post something about getting in touch, @GingerPeach

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

When I read the comment so many years ago, the comment didn't reflect Lafayette's reality even then.   I think maybe I saw a horse once (being ridden, I mean).  Nevertheless, Lafayette's always been one of my favorite towns.   I look forward to hearing from you.  (I remember the Buckeye Ranch, too.) 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

A very good movie:   "Raggedy Man" with Sissy Spacek (sp?)

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Another vote for Lost in American.  So funny!!!  

Breezy with William Holden and Kay Lenz.  Sweet movie.

I remember "Breezy".  Good movie!

Trusted Contributor

@narcisse wrote:

Madame X with Lana Turner - if you're a baby boomer you've probably heard of it.

LOVE this movie!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chynna blue, Yes, the Park Theater.  Cinema Paradiso director's cut was shown.  Long....the edited one was better.  I had a friend who lived near there and it was easy to Bart over, eat, go to the Park.  I doubt the Orinda will close, something to do with the town.  I did go to the Dome Theater a few times, sorry they are gone.