Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Episode of Any TV Show

The finale of St. Elsewhere and also the one where Howie Mandel has an out of body experience. However probably my fav is "I thought turkeys could fly" on WKRP. Oh i just remembered the one where the State Trooper tries to get Johnny Fever drunk.

This is a great thread. Thank you..

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

The Silver Platter episode of The Brady Bunch.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

So many to mention but one that I still watch if I catch it on reruns is a Monk episode I call "Trudy's Eyes" but I believe the actual name of the episode is "Monk is Up all Night".

His late wife Trudy donated her eyes, later Monk sees a woman and is puzzled how drawn he is to her, not in a romantic way.    Later in the episode he discovers she is the recipient of Trudy's eyes.

I love that episode.

I still watch Wings on Pluto, first time I saw Tony Shaloub

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

So many to mention but one that I still watch if I catch it on reruns is a Monk episode I call "Trudy's Eyes" but I believe the actual name of the episode is "Monk is Up all Night".

His late wife Trudy donated her eyes, later Monk sees a woman and is puzzled how drawn he is to her, not in a romantic way.    Later in the episode he discovers she is the recipient of Trudy's eyes.

I love that episode.

I still watch Wings on Pluto, first time I saw Tony Shaloub

@software  I know that episode but it's not a favorite. I find it kind of creepy and don't watch the rerun.

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorites is The Closer episode where Lts. Flynn and Provenza double date two flight attendants involved in drug dealing. Still funny every time I see it.

Any episode where Frazier and Niles throw a dinner party.

Enjoyed the previous postings! I'd forgotten Rev. Jim's driving test, one of the funniest scenes ever, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

The last show for St. Elsewhere. The complete show took place inside the head of the autistic son. His father was not the Chief of Staff as he was in the show and in his mind but a janitor at the hospital. Great writing. It launched Howie Mandel, Ed Bagley, Jr., Mark Harmon, David Mores, William Daniels, Denzel Washington and Doris Roberts.

Great show ending.

Reminds me of the Communty episode where the D&D master turns out to be the janitor.

Respected Contributor

The final episode of The Sopranos. Wow....just wow. What a finish.

Respected Contributor

The episode of "Maude" titled: "Maude's Guest."  Maude invites an inner-city child to spend the weekend at her home. Their clashes are hilarious !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I Love Lucy...."Lucy Gets A Paris Gown",

Ricky employs a local tailor to put together some crazy outfits made from burlap potato sacks along with hats fashioned from a horse's feedbag and a restaurant ice bucket and presents them to the girls with Paris designer Jacques Marcel labels sewn in.

download.jpg

Mary Tyler Moore--- "Chuckles Bites The Dust" 

In his eulogy it is mentioned Chuckles had a motto he used to recite at the end of his shows. It was called “The Credo of a Clown. "A little song–A little dance–A little seltzer down your pants.” That’s what it’s all about, folks… that’s what he stood for–that’s what gave his life meaning… 

The funniest episode of the Mary Tyler Moore Show is a brilliant rumination  on death and mourning.

The Andy Griffith Show--"The Pickle Story" No one will admit to Aunt Bee's homemade pickles taste like kerosene and the worst they've ever tasted.

See the source image

The D I C K VAN D Y K E Show---"It May Look Like A Walnut".....Rob enjoys a scary televised sci-fi movie while Laura cowers in fear from it, but the next day details of that movie, where Earthlings are being taken over, appear to be coming true.

download (1).jpg

Leave It To Beaver---"Mother's Day Composition" --Beaver finds his mother's real life boring, so he writes an essay and he reads it to his whole class portraying his mom as earning a living dancing in beer joints, and mingling with "the mob" and she meets Beaver's dad a tap dancer.....LOL

Image result for favorite episodes leave it to beaver mothers day composition

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Taxi -when Rev. Jim takes his driver's test.

"What does a yellow light mean?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNmnroyJSzo

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for posting this lol, I had forgotten how funny taxi was.  Jim was hilarious.