Honored Contributor

Your Favorite Episode of Any TV Show

[ Edited ]

With the easy ability to pull up old shows, I'd like to hop in my WayBack Machine and watch some memorable episodes suggested by fellow posters. What episode sticks in your mind? For me it is the Season 7 finale of Magnum P.I. called "Limbo" in which Thomas is shot and appears to have died. I've read it was supposed to be the series finale, but then Tom Selleck decided to sign on for a Season 8.

Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Episode of Any TV Show

@AuntG 

I love that episode of Magnum P I too.  It was on not too long ago on Hallmark and I watched it.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Who shot JR? Season Finale on Dallas

Trusted Contributor

My favorite episode of MASH is from Season 4; it is called “Quo Vadis, Captain Chandler?” and is about a wounded patient who thinks he is Jesus Christ. It wasn’t being done for laughs, the poor man had a breakdown. Season 4 is my favorite season for MASH.

And speaking of old medical shows, you can’t ever go wrong with my favorite show of all-time: St. Elsewhere, currently on Hulu and IMDB.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the final episode of Dallas, "Who Shot JR".  Even though I figured it out it was still a great episode.

Honored Contributor

There are too many like all of Tom Selleck in Jesse Stone.

Also, so many in Andy Griffith Show.  My favorite when Barney adds a stray dog named Blue to the Mayberry Police Force hoping to track down an escaped convict.  Blue does not respond to Barney's commands and sides with the fugitive.

Another Andy Griffith is when Aunt Bee plays a prison warden overseeing Otis staying at the house for few days.  

I love Lucy...Candy, Stomping The Grapes, and Vitameatavegamin.  

Honored Contributor

Two and a Half Men:  When Charlie's mom gets the new family.  "Shampoo" and others!  

I think that show has the best cast ever assembled!  

Respected Contributor

The Honeymooners.  Jackie Gleason as Ralph Kramden.  Art Carney as Ed Norton. 

Ralph always gets ideas to get rich quick.  He gets the idea to buy this kitchen gadget that's supposed to slice/dice/core an apple, etc...in a second's time, thereby saving the housewife toil and trouble in the kitchen.  So he buys up a thousand of these gadgets and arranges to do a short commercial w/Norton to get these things sold.

Anyone who watches The Honeymooners knows that Norton will somehow show up Ralph when it comes to doing things.  So they do this commercial together and Norton uses a simple paring knife and proceeds to do everything quickly and efficiently with the knife.  Ralph is having a nervous breakdown watching Norton do this because he is supposed to be struggling with the paring knife, cutting himself, having a tough time, etc...in order to show how much better this gadget works.

Well, of course when it's Ralph's turn, he fumbles and stabs himself and makes a mess out of the whole demonstration and in the end he is walking around moaning and holding his hand after cutting himself and winds up knocking down the whole set for the commercial.  Really hamming it up.

Those two.  I think Jackie Gleason was a great comedian and Art Carney was the perfect complement to him on this show.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

An episode of The Sopranos..The Pine Barrens episode.   Tony and Chris were stuck out in the Pine Barrens  in a car.  It was freezing they were covering up with the filthy floor mats in the car, fighting over chicklets found on the floor. Walking in the snow with their fancy expensive shoes.  It was hilarious.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

The West Wing episode " The Midterms ."  President Bartlett quotes scripture to put a right wing radio talk show host in her place. I've watched it countless times. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan