Honored Contributor

So sorry, another question....we don't belong to Amazon Prime, nor do we have paid subscriptions to  streaming services...Netflex, etc...will we be able to watch anything for free?

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs No, your TV does not need to be 4G. Their selling point was that when everything goes to 4G, you won't have to purchase another Roku. It is all set for the better pictures you will get with a 4G TV if you decide to get one in the future. They are just planning ahead because that is the future.....4G. Some things are already 4G, but the Roku will work well with your TV without the 4G capability.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

So sorry, another question....we don't belong to Amazon Prime, nor do we have paid subscriptions to  streaming services...Netflex, etc...will we be able to watch anything for free?

@Mom2Dogs If you want to watch Netflix or Amazon Prime, you need to subscribe to them. Roku just has the "rights' to let you access their app thru your TV using RoKu.

As you will see when you watch the video (I watched the hour-long one), they show you thousands of FREE things to watch.

For your first month, though, Hulu is free Then after the 30 days, Hulu will start charging you. So if you activate that and don't want to continue to use Hulu, be sure to let them know.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler, thanks so much. We watched the video and then it quit at 15 minutes...I will look for the hour long version, thanks for answering my questions.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can someone tell me this about ROKU.....I have cable, if I want to watch TV in another room with NO CABLE to the TV...will ROKU work on that set?

Absolutely-easy as pie!

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Another question, does the TV that is connected to the ROKU.....does it have to be a 4K television, or can I use it on an older set?

Older sets work well too

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Sassealassea, thanks.  I understand the concept, just don't understand how it works, ha!  We are going to watch the presentation via the video.  Maybe that will sink in.

You just have to follow a few very simple directions.  Even I did it by myself-so easy.

Super Contributor

We have XFINITY cable and use Roku on the TVs in rooms without cable.  There is an app on Roku for XFINITY that receives the same channels in my subscription.  

Respected Contributor

@buyornotI am not a 'techy' at all Smiley Happy but was astounded at how easy my very first Roku was to set up .

I have one on every tv-- even my samsung smart tv  (2012)--I do not believe it had a Mensa i.q..Smiley Happy 

One can find help at roku.com site. 

Respected Contributor

When I get a chance I will look for the presentations online.  Can you get the regular channels like NBC, PBS, etc?  Lol, it's a shame and annoying that I bought all new tv's and now have to pay to have those big, ugly cable boxes!!