Honored Contributor

I ordered the Roku X5 (5X?) today on Amazon for same day delivery.  It was very easy to set up.  I only have Amazon Prime and Hallmark Movies Now so I don't have a lot of apps to download (I also downloaded Pandora and iHeartRadio, since I have accounts, but I doubt I'll be listening to music on there, but you never know).

Xfinity Stream Beta, however, is not working.  In googling the issue it seems it's an issue for many, but I can't find the answer yet.  This was the main reason I bought this thing, so hopefully it's a temporary issue.

I will try again tomorrow.

So far, so good.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I picked up the Roku yesterday and am looking forward to receiving it and getting started.

I am curious of those who have Roku, what is your favorite thing about it?

I thought what I would like is being able to get everything on my TV instead of watching things like Netflix on my computer. But then I saw the many channels I think I would be interested in, all in one place, like Acorn.

When you get a chance, I would like to know what you like best about your Roku. 

Thanks in advance!

@World Traveler wrote:

I picked up the Roku yesterday and am looking forward to receiving it and getting started.

I am curious of those who have Roku, what is your favorite thing about it?

I thought what I would like is being able to get everything on my TV instead of watching things like Netflix on my computer. But then I saw the many channels I think I would be interested in, all in one place, like Acorn.

When you get a chance, I would like to know what you like best about your Roku. 

Thanks in advance!

@World Traveler   Hi World Traveler!   I have 3 Roku units runniing and 2 Amazon sticks.  Yes. I am a TV freak.   I personally like Roku much better then Amazon stick.  Roku even has a unit for the old hog tv's, that we all used to have.   I can tell you this, their customer service is awesome!   They will help you with anything.   

What I love about Roku is I can play music videos anytime I want.  PLay with it when you get it.  Like any new electronic device, you need to learn how to set things up.  If you are pretty computer savy, you will have no problems.  I highly recommend Roku to many people and the ones that get it , love it.  Let me know if I can help in any way.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can someone tell me this about ROKU.....I have cable, if I want to watch TV in another room with NO CABLE to the TV...will ROKU work on that set?

@Mom2Dogs  Yes you can hook to any tv and even if you have cable, there are things on it , that are not on cable.   I hooked up one in my kitchen so I can watch all 3 QVC channels in there.   I love you tube as well.   A lot of companies are making you get a box for each room.  That would cost a fortune.   Their CS is awesome. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Can someone tell me this about ROKU.....I have cable, if I want to watch TV in another room with NO CABLE to the TV...will ROKU work on that set?

@Mom2Dogs According to the presentation I watched, I understood that if you have a TV in another room that is not connected to cable, you may use the Roku to get all the channels they have agreements with. That really struck me as super cool! In fact, the host said something about you being able to take the Roku with you on trips and hooking it up.

Perhaps the current video up on Roku will be the one that included a discussion about that.

This is correct.  You can move it room to room, or take it with you anywhere you go.  

Esteemed Contributor

To Everyone.  Make sure if you don't have a smart TV to download You tube.   You tube has a lot of full version movies for free!