Honored Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

@cerb wrote:

What honestly bothers me more (as a resident of CA), is that Tex Watson was allowed to marry while in prison and that he has fathered FOUR children while incarcerated.  That is truly outrageous to me.  As for the others, honestly, I have mixed feelings about them being paroled.  

@cerb.  I certainly agree with you about Tex Watson. I remember that. A travesty that that was allowed.

Esteemed Contributor

@cerb wrote:

What honestly bothers me more (as a resident of CA), is that Tex Watson was allowed to marry while in prison and that he has fathered FOUR children while incarcerated.  That is truly outrageous to me.  As for the others, honestly, I have mixed feelings about them being paroled.  

That's disgusting!

That makes me sick...Sharon Tate was 8 months pregnant when they killed her. She never got to have her son...

Contributor

You know, they should just do away with these stupid parole hearings, especially for these people who were supposed to be executed in the first place.  IMO, these hearings every year put undo distress on the families who have to come and plead for this trash to remain in prison to serve a sentence that was meant to be death.  It's like a lifetime sentence and punishment for the victim's families and it just isn't right.

Honored Contributor

@Juniper2 wrote:

You know, they should just do away with these stupid parole hearings, especially for these people who were supposed to be executed in the first place.  IMO, these hearings every year put undo distress on the families who have to come and plead for this trash to remain in prison to serve a sentence that was meant to be death.  It's like a lifetime sentence and punishment for the victim's families and it just isn't right.

@Juniper2  Yes, I remember poor Sharon Tate's Mother having to go to the hearings, and when she passed, her daughter, Sharon's sister, took on that duty.  Now, the La Bianca's Grandson goes to the hearings.  I have always thought how terrible for them to have to constantly relive the horror, never any peace for them.  I also believe that a death sentence should be carried out within, at the most, five years, not the usual twenty, just crazy that it takes so long.

Honored Contributor

The families are not required to attend parole hearings. It's there choice to relive their loss. I doubt the victims would want their families to make what happened the focus of their lives and revenge a lifelong mission. 

Honored Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

I am so sick of people making excuses for these people

I don't care how old she was she knew exactly what she was doing and what she was part of-

Putting her parole in context in is no way an excuse imo, simply a conversation.  The fact remains, predators, way more dangerous than this woman are roaming our society.....I'm more concerned about them.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SydneyH

think about it from the family of the murdered.....how would you feel if the murderer of your pregnant sister  or the like  was let out of prison for " good behavior".   It has nothing to do with if she is no longer deemed a menace to society or if she found God or if she was sweet to people in prison.   SHE IS A MURDERER🔪🔪🔪🔪. People are dead because of her.  Innocent lives taken.  They can not come back....  she deserves to rot in prison and then in hell. 

I don't have to do that because......I'm a family member of a murder victim.  We don't control the external penal process no matter how much we would like to think we do.  While the offender is still serving time, he will be will be released, we refuse to give up our peace of mind over something we don't control.  Why some who are not even remotely related to her victims are demanding death, after the State's leadership has deemed it unconstitutional, I find quite strange.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SydneyH

think about it from the family of the murdered.....how would you feel if the murderer of your pregnant sister  or the like  was let out of prison for " good behavior".   It has nothing to do with if she is no longer deemed a menace to society or if she found God or if she was sweet to people in prison.   SHE IS A MURDERER🔪🔪🔪🔪. People are dead because of her.  Innocent lives taken.  They can not come back....  she deserves to rot in prison and then in hell. 

I don't have to do that because......I'm a family member of a murder victim.  We don't control the external penal process no matter how much we would like to think we do.  While the offender is still serving time, he will be will be released, we refuse to give up our peace of mind over something we don't control.  Why some who are not even remotely related to her victims are demanding death, after the State's leadership has deemed it unconstitutional, I find quite strange.

@SydneyH  It is not deemed unconstitutional now, and hasn't been in decades in California.  When the death penalty law was changed, it was rectified pretty quickly by public demand via voting.  

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I think Gov Brown is kinda ummmm (I'm thinking of a nice word) OK, here goes...a nut job...whoops...I said it.  I am 70 and I guess I'm basing it on how he used to be when he was young, although I don't know how much changed...anyway, I think he won't do much.  However, I agree that they should keep her there forever.

Sharon Tate's sister was on TV being interviewed about 1 or 2 months ago and she talked about the murder, etc.  It was more horrific than was reported.  Her sister still got upset talking about it.

I think when they say, "Life" it should mean life, not get out eventually....

I think that's why some people go for the death penalty because as long as they're in jail there's a good chance they (whomever they is) can and will get out of jail while the loved one's are still dead!

This is just my opinion.............but, I think Jerry Brown was a nut job even back in the day!!   I agree with everyone who thinks she needs to stay put right back in her cell!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

Yes, I wondered about that, too.  Where is the outcry here?  I almost think this is worse than letting someone out who has been in prison most of her life and has done everything she could to change.  I mean, which is the worst scenerio?

There are some crimes that are particularly heinous.....the Manson murders were totally unprovoked.....people chosen to be slaughtered for no reason.  And not just a shooting...being terrorized and hacked to death.  Pure evil.  Those involved deserve to pay the price of lifetime  incarceration, no matter how "rehabilitated"  they appear.  I believe most people would be equally outraged by any horrific murder if they were privy to all the grisly details, as we were in this case...not just singling out this case because it was "famous."