Honored Contributor

Re: Youngest Manson follower granted parole again

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

I dunno, those that support her release look at the stats for people that have been convicted for the same offenses and have been released.  By keeping her there at that advanced age it sends a message that some lives are more 'valuable' than others.  If I were a taxpayer of that state, I'd like to see a better use of resources.  Not everyone can stay incarcerated.

@SydneyH  I understand your point.  But the thing is, some crimes are more heinous than others.  

And this isn't people who were sentenced to life in prison, with or without the possibility of parole. These are people who were given the death penalty. There but for a technicality most of them would be on Death Row without the possibility of parole. Big difference when comparing them to people who were originally sentenced to Life with parole built in.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I think it's safe to say that almost everyone who was a resident of CA at the time of the murders and 16 or older at the time (so knew and understood what had happened) would never, ever want any of them released - "deserved" by time served or not. Most older CA residents don't feel that good behavior trumps butchery. Who knows, maybe the younger ones have no problem with it. The rest of us have long, very vivid memories.

I was a month shy of 19 & lived about 10 miles away when both crimes were committed & I remember how scary it was.  It was super warm at the time, & no one slept with their windows open for a long time. The whole city was gripped with fear, not knowing who had done such senseless & brutal things or why.  

That whole trial was just a crazy circus with the "girls" all sitting out on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse for weeks on end, singing & chanting. The evening news every night was all about the trial & the antics of his followers.  It was a weird time.

It seems to me like anyone that got the death penalty at their initial sentencing should ever be eligible for parole.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I hope  Gov. Jerry Brown reverses the decision granted by the parole board.  I do not care that she was a model prisoner for 40 years....she helped kill people and does not deserve to be free. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/youngest-manson-follower-granted-parole-again/ar-AArn0np?li=BBnb...

She doesn't deserve to be alive.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

I think it's safe to say that almost everyone who was a resident of CA at the time of the murders and 16 or older at the time (so knew and understood what had happened) would never, ever want any of them released - "deserved" by time served or not. Most older CA residents don't feel that good behavior trumps butchery. Who knows, maybe the younger ones have no problem with it. The rest of us have long, very vivid memories.

I was a month shy of 19 & lived about 10 miles away when both crimes were committed & I remember how scary it was.  It was super warm at the time, & no one slept with their windows open for a long time. The whole city was gripped with fear, not knowing who had done such senseless & brutal things or why.  

That whole trial was just a crazy circus with the "girls" all sitting out on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse for weeks on end, singing & chanting. The evening news every night was all about the trial & the antics of his followers.  It was a weird time.

It seems to me like anyone that got the death penalty at their initial sentencing should ever be eligible for parole.

@aubnwa01 maybe you summed it up the best for me.  Even though I lived in IL I can still remember checking windows and things as the crime was so heinous.  I had forgotten their death penalty sentences had been commuted so yes I agree none of them should ever be released as they are lucky to be here period.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't live very far away from the La Biancas, @aubnwa01. I was glued to the TV every night for months as every bit of it unfolded, including the asst deputy DA (or whatever he was) "disappearing" during the trial. That was chilling...and still is to me to this day. I always felt really sorry for Bugliosi.

The other time I was sleepless and paranoid (also in stifling weather) was until they caught The Night Stalker. I cheered when the people on the streets beat the ever-lovin' *** out of him - and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The man received 13 death sentences.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She can get out of prison when her victims can get out of their graves & live the life she took from them...that will be never.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I didn't live very far away from the La Biancas, @aubnwa01. I was glued to the TV every night for months as every bit of it unfolded, including the asst deputy DA (or whatever he was) "disappearing" during the trial. That was chilling...and still is to me to this day. I always felt really sorry for Bugliosi.

The other time I was sleepless and paranoid (also in stifling weather) was until they caught The Night Stalker. I cheered when the people on the streets beat the ever-lovin' *** out of him - and breathed a huge sigh of relief.

The man received 13 death sentences.

@Moonchilde I can still remember how happy it made me that everyone beat the daylights out of The Night Stalker as it was such a fitting end to him before he was formally introduced to the penal system. Thank goodness he is no longer with us and costing us money.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe, I was watching the news - it almost happened live(!) - and I was "way to GO, people!"

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@MoonchildeI remember the Asst. DA (Ronald something?) going missing during the trial.  They later found his remains in the desert.

By the time of the Night Stalker murders, I had moved away & was living in WA.   WA had it's own grisly crimes, though: Ted Bundy, The Green River Killer &  a some that few outside WA ever heard of:  Charles Campbell, who was executed in 1994 for his awful deeds, Wesley Allen Dodd (executed in 1993) & The Goldmark Murders on Christmas Eve in 1985 for which David Rice got life.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@momtochloe, I was watching the news - it almost happened live(!) - and I was "way to GO, people!"

@Moonchilde it's just good to know he maybe felt even a particle of the terror he caused those poor women when folks were trying to tear him limb from limb when he was finally caught . . . Smiley Happy