Honored Contributor

Re: Young and Restless - February 2021

[ Edited ]

Personally, I never thought Boaz was good casting. I don't have an issue with them letting him go, but do think the way they went about it was low end and tacky. I also wonder if his personal, apparently conservative, life views were somehow responsible for his being let go, which, if so, is just so wrong. I don't equate his departure to the moronic choice to let Gina Tognani go and bring in Michele Stafford, because Tognani was excellent as Phyllis and had truly created a solid, long-term niche for herself on the show. She had developed the Phyllis character well beyond anything Stafford ever did. I too expect Justin Gaston (or another actor) will eventually be back as Chance. They've put too much focus on this Chance and Abby story line to just drop it like a hot potato. That said, appearing amateurish and as if they don't know what they're doing wouldn't be unusual for this show.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Some cast members did not like him - a la the co-workers who did not like Melissa Reeves from DOOL. They are both conservative and expressed it on social media. Nancy Lee Grahn (a liberal Democrat) from GH is so much worse on her twitter, and there are never consequences. But that’s Hollywood.
Honored Contributor

Makes no sense about Chance. He was starting a big story with their baby. I don't get it.

Trusted Contributor

Spoiler—

Chance is also going to be infertile. That will put the kabash to a surrogate storyline unless they are willing to use a sperm donor. So the show can put that plot on hold while they decide what they are going to do about the character.
Esteemed Contributor

See you Chance. Abby will be set for a major breakdown. Kids will be then

the last thing on her mind.

I was just starting to enjoy his acting on the show.

Too bad. Guess we will never know what really went down. But yet they

keep non important foolish characters on like Tessa, Theo is returning I

heard again who I can not stand. Lola, another person who should hit 

the road, on this show way too long, cut her loose too.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@threecees  I couldn't agree with you more about getting rid of Tessa and Lola. What possible purpose do either of these two add to the show.  

To be honest, I never saw the need for either of these characters.   Tessa was an irritant from the very beginning and Lola was only interesting while Mia was on the show.  

I always felt that they should have gotten rid of Lola and kept Mia.  

I really wonder which players they are planning to drop from the show.  There are a few that I really wouldn't miss if they left.  

The way the actor who played Chance was notified of his impending displacement from the show sure proves that acting is a very precarious career.   I feel sorry for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@threecees wrote:

See you Chance. Abby will be set for a major breakdown. Kids will be then

the last thing on her mind.

I was just starting to enjoy his acting on the show.

Too bad. Guess we will never know what really went down. But yet they

keep non important foolish characters on like Tessa, Theo is returning I

heard again who I can not stand. Lola, another person who should hit 

the road, on this show way too long, cut her loose too.

We'll have to get Dr. @stevieb  toreturn to Fairview before Abby has her major breakdown, @threecees !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme  Abby's a lightweight... Nurse Cray-Cray RN can handle her...

72ec9c331cb393c63632913fbab162dd.jpg

As for who should be gotten rid of, well, as you know, I was no fan of Chance's so doesn't break my heart to see him go, though I think the way they did it and possibly their reasons, suck... Hey, if they get rid of Tessa, Mariah, Lola, Chloe, Kevin, put Billy (and Lily) along with Devon on a back burner, tone down Sally and keep Sharon the hell away from Adam, let me know and maybe I'll drop back by for a nice visit... Oh, and almost forgot, Faith and her BFF go back to boarding school...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Since I've been working from home now since last March I have managed to watch Y&R here and there for a few minutes....I can't remember when I watched a full episode though.

I did see Abbey got married but I couldn't figure out to whom since I didn't hear the name and I never saw this actor before.  I saw that Mariah has been stamped to carry their baby so it doesn't take much to figure out how this storyline will go.

Billy and Lily now that was a surprise pairing.

The last time I saw Kyle he was with or married to the restaurant girl (I forgot her name)?

Thanks @stevieb for the Y&R life support thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Today is for die hard Billy and Victoria fans.

Any here at all?

Otherwise, have your choice of pain relief available.