Respected Contributor

Re: Young and Restless...2023

[ Edited ]

@stevieb .......yep, it's so boring all I seem to do is pick apart everyone's looks.

Sharon is my latest scrutiny....her lower lip is constantly hanging down with those expressions she's making.

I guess it won't be long till she tells Chance his new job suggestion is pleasing her! Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

I was making lunch so I asked my husband to watch on Friday. All he said was Jack got some action. No exciting cliffhangers anymore. They need to make these characters interesting. I don't feel invested in anyone or anything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chance's new career options: Sharon's new barista, Bartender at Society, Lily's COO and new love interest, Rug cleaner for Devon

How long before Nick realizes he may be an uncle and not a Daddy? Big part of the conversation missing! Adam may be a country boy but he does do math. 

What is the housekeeper keeping clean in an apartment no one lives in? Was this her monthly day in or does she keep the plants company? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Super Contributor

Nate... Go away. You are boring.

The other shoe that Diane drops is going to kick Jack right upside his head; and he deserves everything that's coming to him.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@RU4 real ....... Please don't tell me you think Diane's gonna be pregnant?!?! Cat Surprised

Or maybe she'll end up throwing Jack under the bus...love it! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats Smiley Surprised

Now see I missed the whole relationship between Jack and Diane the first time around because I wasn't watching the show back then. But I've watched long enough to know it's been a looooong time for Jackie boy so I didn't begrudge him his tryst with Diane. No real consequences at this age, but if they are going to go there....

Did I get it right with the flashbacks that Kyle was a test tube kid and Jack and Diane may have their very first au naturel kid this time around?  

Personally I'd like Diane to drop herself on her head. I keep telling myself I guess you had to be there to find anything remotely interesting about this character, but maybe not. I don't get her. I caught the tail end of this character when Maura West was playing her and this actress isn't of the same caliber. At least not for the crazy, vengeful witch part. And no, you may not have MW back. We love her on GH. Heart 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 .... here's something for you I looked up, you were right!

Kyle was born with the name Christian Victor Newman on January 8, 2001. His mother Diane learned that her ex-husband, Victor Newman, had his sperm frozen, and when she obtained it she had herself artificially inseminated to carry Victor's child, and she later gave birth and told him he was the father.

edited to add:  of course, there was a mix up w/sperm and she got Jack's donation instead of Victor's.  (what a mess!)

If you watched today's episode, seems Jack is way more happy than ole Di about spreading the word they're together.  hmmmmm.... Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

@kindred cats wrote:

@Laura14 .... here's something for you I looked up, you were right!

Kyle was born with the name Christian Victor Newman on January 8, 2001. His mother Diane learned that her ex-husband, Victor Newman, had his sperm frozen, and when she obtained it she had herself artificially inseminated to carry Victor's child, and she later gave birth and told him he was the father.

edited to add:  of course, there was a mix up w/sperm and she got Jack's donation instead of Victor's.  (what a mess!)

If you watched today's episode, seems Jack is way more happy than ole Di about spreading the word they're together.  hmmmmm.... Cat Tongue

I didn't know any of this......I wasn't watching either. Are we supposed to believe that Kyle is only 22 years old ?

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats as wealthy businessmen, I had no idea how generous Victor and Jack were with their donations (every last drop).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a point of information about Diane, this is at least the third or fourth time she's surfaced over the years, played by three different actresses. The character has always left me sort of MEH, and has suffered from too many fits and starts, along with marginal writing overall, but especially for her character. She's never been as boring as she is right now. West could have made this character something special had Y&R, in their infinite stupidity, not let her go, casting and recasting choices rarely being their strong suit. This show could sorely have used a special character capable of pulling out all the stops portrayed by a stellar actress. This show lacks drama, and one big reason is that they've made virtually all of their characters, male and female, into virtual milquetoast.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...